1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pink Poly??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MikeRi24, Nov 3, 2012.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Well its that time of the year again, we have started to get the plows out a get them ready for winter! My one Poly plow has faded horrible over the years and its gone from a nice BOSS red to pink. I was wondering if anyone has successfully restored a poly surface back to its original red, and what is the best process to do so?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Be a man and go pink!

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Put a ribbon on it and say your plowing to find A Cure.

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

5. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Mother's- Back To Black, $7.00 @ walmart.

6. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

:salute: Yep that one.

7. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

Dont bother, I scraped the same spot for a good 10 minutes and it did not come out any different than when I started. Maybe mine is just so faded that theres no color underneath to scrape down to

I'm gonna try this next

8. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

May also want to try penetrol, or a heat gun on a low setting. Both of those work very well on plastic jeep fender flares.

9. TJSNOW

TJSNOW Senior Member

I have a Question???.......Doe's the color of the plow effect the performance of said plow....It just seems like alot of work for vanity....:rolleyes:

10. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Nope, we just have nothing better to do when its raining outside :drinkup:

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It was a nice day today. Was cutting all day.

12. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I made one of the guys use ski wax on the poly vxt. didnt make a difference in color:confused:

13. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

if I go through all the trouble to paint the rest of the plow, and all of my other plows every year to keep them from rusting out, why not spend a little extra time to shine the poly up? I'm sorry you don't take pride in your equipment the way I do.

same here. last cuts this week, touch up on a few final fall cleanups next week and the week after if need be and we're done for the year!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012