1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pinched wires, fried controller?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by leeddog65, Jan 8, 2010.

1. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Hey guys, onre of my drivers was out and pinched the PLOW side plug(9pin) on a unimount, with a hand held, did blow one fuse, replaced it then nothing, could the handheld be fried too...is there a test other then simple test light test for that?
    Thanks

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

There is a test for the controller..It should also work for the hand held.

test

testcontrol.jpg

testcontrol.jpg

3. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Good news, controller NOT fried....Unimount STILLL has inline fues....but its an odd size small 6amp? Any idea where I can get some spares?

4. twinman326

I forgot about that little 6amp inline fuse. Any auto part store should have it. Also make sure the red wire for the controller is on a "accessory" lug in the fuse box..

5. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

You know thats funny....I bought the truck used, but the guy I bought it from is the original owner, we cant tell where the red wire is fed into, it almost looks as if they tapped into the ignition. Im thinking about re-wiring it into the ACC fuse, in the box....dont like it going into the ignition.
    Thanks for all your help

6. twinman326

Just use a test light and with the key on, probe an open lug, with the test light on the lug, turn the ignition off, and if the test light goes off, that spot is you accessory, and hook the controller lead wire into that spot..