1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pin trouble!!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by cward05, Apr 10, 2005.

1. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

argggg....the other day, i decided to store my plow outside for the season..now, when i went to unhook it, one of the pins is NOT coming out...I spent 5 HOURS trying to remove it to no avail...i am really getting upset. anyone have any suggestions? i put the moldboard on a railroad tie, and i have tried using a jack to relieve the pressure on the one pin, but its not working. its also on somewhat uneven terrain tilted down to the left, and its the right pin thats not coming out. thanks
  2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Something is binding.

Put the plow back on, all the pins and connectors.

Lube everything with WD40 or something like it.

Raise and lower the plow a few times.

Move to level ground, then try to remove it.
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

The Key words are move it to level ground.

If you succeed in getting it off there you will be fighting it to put it on in the fall.

The pins don't freeze/rust/jam in place- there is way too much clearence for that. It is, as mentioned above, binding most likly because you're trying to take the plow off on uneven ground.
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Be sure to keep the pins greased/lubed as well.