1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pin on mount?

Discussion in 'Arctic Sectional Sno-Pusher' started by Maclawnco, May 6, 2014.

1. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Bought an older case 621 without a quick coupler and am wondering if this unit only plows all winter, does arctic make a pin on coupler so we can pin on the plow in place of the bucket? We tried the chain on fork mounts and they are terrible compared to our quick coupler sectionals so I was trying to find a way to imitate the coupler benefits without adding a quick coupler to our machine.
  2. 98Chevy2500

98Chevy2500 Senior Member

A good welder can build anything!
  3. CaptCaveman

CaptCaveman Member

I tend to agree with you about the pin on...I have a Cat 430E IT Backhoe and was going to get a quick coupler mount sectional for my next purchase...I have one with a fork mount and chain setup on a Case 590 Super L backhoe and was very impressed with it...But have opted for the fork mount because of the chain on allows for some flex that the quick coupler would not allow...If I was the one running it all the time...it would be different. But, for an employee with nothing invested, You might want to reconsider...Just my two cents worth
  4. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

we started with fork/chain ons not knowing any better and then switched our sectionals to couplers. The chain on is good, the coupler is so much better. Allows you to see that you are exactly in the sweet spot of the slip hitch and that your curl is correct. If we do a chain on, I might get an avalanche or metal pless with a steel edge. Hoping that we have enough funds to add a coupler to the 621 and then this is all a non issue.
  5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with the coupler, do you have the D rings welded in the bucket?

I don't know if they have a direct coupler hook up for a case 621. Pm propusher, he should be able to tell ya.
  6. pusherpro

pusherpro Sponsor

Pin connection

No unfortunately Arctic doesn't do a pin on connection. Give me a private message and we can go through some options.