1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Piledriver

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by IA snoman, Feb 4, 2016.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Looking for thoughts on western box plow. Good and or bad

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sorry to see no one is giving you any feedback on the Pile driver. I wish I could comment, I have one in our inventory now for two years. It's just sitting there looking red waiting to be put to work. Clearly the concept is good because I see similar products being used all the time. Why don't you be the first and give us all an evaluation?

3. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

. Do you know do they make a back Drag kit for these. They bolt on top of the pusher box and sides. Makes me wonder since you can't sell yours.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

5. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing proprietary about it, seems targeted at fanboys. How do they compare price wise to protechs? I would go with boss steel edge box

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I thought protec (some company did)licensed their design to Western.

Either way it's the cheapest design on the market and the most least favorable edge

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Seems like they were so similar that a patent infringement lawsuit would be lost.

8. crawla

crawla Member

I was told by a Protech dealer that they are just painted red and different stickers installed.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Exactly, couple of minor changes made to Westerns spec. It's made by pro-tech.

10. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Fanboys? what do you mean? People who are Western customers? Looked at the Boss and it looked like there were new ideas when it came to that box plow.