1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

piecing together truck side componants

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kman67rsss, Oct 27, 2013.

1. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

Does any one have pn's of whats needed for the truck side MM2 straight blade 3 plug plow set ups for a 2010 GMC 2500HD? I believe the push plates are 7169, but im lost after that. 3 port modules, 4 port modules i dont know What is truck specific, plow specific and what i would need.
    Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you try fishers website and see what it states for your tk

3. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

Im a moron. I never got that far because i had to say i had a 6.0 to get further then it telling me i had a 7.6 sd option only. (I have the duramax)

I guess my next genius question is what is the difference in the 4 port module and the 3 port module? is it plow specific or will they both work for a straight blade? thanks

4. dieselss

3 port is the "new" brain. They started with the 4 port but condensed it dwn to the 3 port. I would go with the 3 port if it was me

5. kman67rsss

kman67rsss Junior Member
    from NH

Thank you. New to these plows and Im right in the middle of the learning curve. This is making more sense now. The only plow specific part would be the control cable correct? 3 Pin for the straight blade?looks like PN 26345.

6. dieselss

Not sure on that. That's a little to specific for me

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Specific part as in what do you mean? specific to your truck ?

8. Jwhite50

Jwhite50 Junior Member

Hello,

Double check that 7169 for the push plates. A few sites have said the only cover up to 2006 and some 2007. Clearance issue with the bumper.

I just did the same thing and it was a pain in the ass to get everything. You will need a truck specific light harness with adapter. Three port module pn 29070. The harness could be 29048 to 29054.

I was patient and lucky. I found the entire truck side wiring for my truck on Craig's list. He had the exact same truck As I do and traded it in he had it all wrapped neatly with the original box and instructions. He sold it to me for 400.00. And it came with the fish stick controller.

Also that module will do daytime running lamps if needed

There is a guy in Smithfield RI Plowking911.com. He has used stuff also will ship. Price are a little high but reasonable.

Good luck