1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of torsion key lift

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by JCplowing, Feb 18, 2008.

1. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

here are those pictures of my 2004 ram 1500 plow truck w/ 3inch torsion key lift and rear airbags w/ 50psi (give the truck 4inches of lift in rear w/ no sand)

truck 001.jpg

truck 003.jpg

truck 004.jpg
  2. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

4"? Doesnt look like that much. Should help out a ton though

* I am probably just so use to looking at my 3/4ton.
  3. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

yeah 4inches from stock, it was sagging a little.. also when i have 700lbs of sand and bags have 50psi that truck floats over the road, like its riding on air!

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Had an 03 1500Reg cab long box, cranked the TB and added 3leafes and arch to the back axle. Had the same ride height as yours. Held up the plow/salter great but the plow ended up having the wrong geometry for the A frame.(vs stock ride height) When the front went up the angle of approach of the blade increased and the blade would NOT sit level at full turns (left or right). Hook up your blade before the next snow and give it a try.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

very nice truck. before i even looked at your location i knew you had to be from CT because of the color of the ground.
  6. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Do you mean brown dirt, or no snow. :mad: ha ha Looks that way here too.
  7. JCplowing

JCplowing Member

DAFFMOBILEWASH, that happend to me my 1st storm this year, luckly the fisher rd plow has an adjustment, and it happend to be all the way up, so i was able to lower the plow down 3inches and now the plow sits level and works great! not sure if all plows have that adjustment though! thanks Jeff

NO SNOW HERE!!!! Guess some is coming friday hopfully! i need to make that $$$$

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Happened on a 26 series snoway plow. The A frame had to go down more but the adjustment on the mounting kit was at its lowest setting allready. The other way around this issue is to loosen up the king pin , allowing more slop in the blade. Actually this option works great on the sidewalks where you can only get two wheels on. Sometimes those old worn out blades work butter in cleaning uneven surfaces.