1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of the Excursion, HID's installed on plow lights, also a video!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rb8484, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Well, Finally got the HID's installed in my lights. I was tired of not being able to see and was going to get some nighthawks, but couldnt justify spending that kind of money right now at the start of the season. So I converted my lights and put HID's in them and the total cost was about $75. We will see how well they light up the night this winter!
    I will try and get a night shot and post as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video:
    [​IMG]

2. Cutting Edge Kid

Cutting Edge Kid Senior Member

I like the Harley Headlights too!:waving:

3. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Very nice. Where did you put the ballast?

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I got the slim ballest and put them right inside the headlight housing.

5. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Thanks! I put them on this last spring. Really changed the look with the 2005 headlight conversion. This spring I hope to do the 2005 grill conversion on it.

6. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

Did you take any pictures of the ballast in the headlight housings?
    Very nice Excursion. Not to much done to it, yet enough to set it apart and make you take a double look.

7. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Did you put in the low/high beam HIDs?

8. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I did not. There is plenty of room in this style headlight. The ballast is about the size of a credit card and about 3/4" thick
    Thanks for the compliment

9. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I did just the low beams. I can see better with the low beam HID's than the high beam halogens.