1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pictures of the 1ton

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by show-n-go, Feb 11, 2009.

1. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

pictures of the 3500hd

this is the 1ton that i bought before this snow season started. it's an 01 with a 496 in it.
    the plow is rusty and ugly but it has got the job done all winter with no breakdowns oh and i almost forgot about the tape job that was done on the lights before i got it. duck tape will fix anything..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  2. MattyK

MattyK Senior Member
    from Boston

is that duct tape on the headlight? i like it. do you use any ballast?
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That has a 8.1/496 in it? I've always seen them with the 6.5 or 454.
  4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

1.5 ton truck. i like em, just wished they made em in 4x4. we used electrical tape for a bit on our meyer night sabers until we got a new set, lol
  5. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

yeah the duct tape was on there when i bought the truck, the lights work great so i haven't bought new ones.. i don't use any ballast in this truck this year, im looking at vboxes.. i didn't have any problems though
  6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

yep. im glad and it's been a great engine, we had two of them in one of our boats and they are probly the most reliable engines Gm ever built
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Got any pics of the 8.1 in there? I never knew they were available with it.
  8. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

no but i can get some in the next few days. the truck is at my warehouse, i haven't seen it in a week since it's been so warm. i have to use it to pick up my plow for my excursion friday or sat, i'll take some while im there
  9. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

The 8.1L was available without the allison.
  10. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

i was under the impression that the allison could only be bought with the diesel in 01, my buddy has a 05 or 06 8.1 2500 with the allison
  11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes you could get an 8.1 in the C3500HD trucks in both '01 and '02 which were of course still the old body style. There's very very few labeled as '02's but they do exist. Trans options were either the manual 5 speed or 4L80E auto. They were the only old body style truck ever available with the 8.1..and the only pickup truck cab configuration equipped with the 8.1 but without the Allison...the Allison wouldn't fit due to lack of floor pan clearance.

I always liked those trucks. Just when you think Chevy going to pull it's head out of the back end, they cut the junky IFS out, install leaf springs, and then leave the truck 2WD and a Mono beam??? I always thought it would be very easy to swap a dually Dana 60 front end under them.
  13. Nice truck, I have a 99 with the 454 in it, I almost think my 6.0L in my 2500 has more power than my dumper has in it.
    I wish mine had 4x4 in it, but I have good tires on it and Id think with enough ballast you could easily plow alot of stuff with it. Just havent thought about putting my dumper through the winter harshness and plowing with it. Gotta have a big lot to turn the beast around in, turning radius sucks.
  14. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Great Looking truck!
  15. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Where in cincy are you located? I think I know that truck. Fairfield maybe? Is the plow bent on the drivers side top?
  16. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Keep an eye on the mirror bolts, we had 2 of them 99's and the bolts rusted off and caused the door paint to buble around them. :salute:
  17. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Quite a bit more than a 1-ton there, sweet unit!
  18. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

I have seen one of these that was 4wd with a front Dana 60 (could have been a 70). It also had the 8.1. I thought it was a real odd combination of parts, but would have liked to have it.
  19. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

yup. i live in liberty twp, normally the truck stays in fairfield, most of my plow lots are on union center. the top of the plow is bent and very rusty..
    i bought the truck the way it sits, i only added the yellow light.. the second two pics of it are in the parking spot when i was looking to buy it
  20. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

this maybe a dumb question but what is it rated at? i always thought that the 3500 was just a 1 ton, then the hd package added a little