1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of rear work lights

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NoFearDeere, Feb 18, 2006.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Thought I would post some pics of my rear work lights that I use. They are 55W halogen implement lights. I mounted them on my SnowEx 1075 spreader. I have the receiver hitch mount for the spreader and thought about how I could make the lights run off of my switch panel in the truck. I used a 6 prong trailer light plug and mounted that on the trucks factory trailer plug. I then ran that wiring to a switch on my panel in the truck. So now I have a worklight system that is as quick to connect/disconnect as the plow and spreader.:)

Plow 5.jpg

Plow 6.jpg

Plow 7.jpg

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

looks good:salute:

3. bdhunter

bdhunter Senior Member

Great idea - need a pair on my Cherokee!

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

lookin good. Nice clean install.:drinkup: :drinkup:

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice job, looks good

Looks good, this is what I did with mine. I ran power from the battery to the solenoids placed under the carpet in one of the rear tool wells under the bench seat. I put the salting controls and light toggles in the dash where the cell phone/gum/whatever compartment was, and the lights are attached the the salter frame with quick disconnects so when the salter comes off so do the lights. I used "tractor/work" lights and replaced the sealed beamed incandescent-35 watt 300hr, with halogens-35watt 2000hr service life.

One question, why is there a ton of salt laying on your spinner? Ever have anyone call and say your salt broke their car window?

salt_lights_montage.jpg

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice set up Grn Mtn.

7. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

Hey fellow Rochesterian !!!!! Nice rig :)

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks man, nice to have you on board.

how did your plow problem end up?

9. diehrd

diehrd Senior Member
    from NY

still a problem...but I have an appt for tommrow am...cross fingers.