1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of Power supply location

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 02powerstroke, Jan 26, 2009.

1. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

I need some pictures or ideas where to put my Power supply for the hideaways I just got. Any pic or help would be great.

2. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

i put mine under my back seat drivers side ill try and take a picture for you tommorow but that wouldnt help unless you told me if you had a back seat or single cab, if its a single cab most guys mount them directly behind the drivers door against the back of the cab..

3. 02powerstroke

Its the extended cab in the picture in my signature.

thanks

4. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

yea that would help if i looked at your picture wouldnt it lol...ill take a picture tommorow for you.

5. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

Here ya go, there a little blury and i still need to clean up the power and ground cable a little neater, but if you also go to the chevy truck forum, this kid names steve just posted about 20 pictures and there a few of them of his also and it is alot neater, just throwing the idea out to ya

0127091315.jpg

0127091315a.jpg

6. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I dont have any pics, but mine is mounted behind my driver's seat on the cab wall. I it is mounted on a piece of aluminum which is bolted to the wall and them I have an aluminum cover that goes over the entire unit and bolts to the back plate. Being that I have a regular cab I store stuff behind my seats so I wanted my power supply protected from falling objects. When I had my ext cab I had the exact same setup under the middle rear seat, I had it protected so it didnt get kicked by a passenger.

7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

bolt it right to the back cab wall behind your backseat
    easiest place i think

8. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

What are you guys screwing it into on the back wall?

9. beaver2

beaver2 Member

Definitely ditch the wire nuts for some shrink tube butt connectors. I have mine mounted in the center console thing between the driver and passenger seats.

10. CJSLAWNSERVICE

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

Sorry I don't have a picture handy, My power supply is mounted under the drivers side rear seat(fold up seat) right on the floor. mount it up off the floor to avoid water leaking into the unit!!!

11. ColliganLands

the whelen supplies will not fit under the front seats in the ford
    thats where mine is and it took some "modifying" to get it there

12. 02powerstroke

what did you have to modify to get it there thats where I ended up puting it and it fit just fine its not screwed down yet but it fit under there no problem

13. ColliganLands

i had to cut the cover down about 2 inches but it was also the galls version of the whelen so it might have been a different height

14. 02powerstroke

yeah I have a 690 under the frount seat and it fits perfectly. I just might need to use a right angle drill to make the holes. you guys havent had a problem with it screwed to the carpet it says not to in the manual online I dident seem to think it would matter thow.

15. ColliganLands

i cut my carpet out like it says
    its supposed to be metal on metal to dissipate the heat created and prevent the supply from over heating
    will it matter maybe... maybe not