1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of my new Fisher on my Ram 2500.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Nozzleman, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

It's been awhile but I have a blade hanging off my truck again. I was an active member here in the early 2000's with my old 8' MM1 that was on a few different trucks. I got out of plowing all together in 2004 so it's been about 9 years since I had one.

I almost put a 8' X-Blade on my truck last winter. The truck was at the dealer for the install but they did not get the job done when promised. It was right before a storm and they got swamped. I used the snowblower and survived that particular storm. I picked the truck up and saved the money.

Fast forward to this year. Not much snow until February then you know the story from there. I won't be doing commercial plowing this time around but with 4 driveways that are my responsibility life sure will be easier. I also went the cheaper route with a 8' HD vs. an X-Blade.

As usual, people I know are already asking if I'll plow them out. I used to handle two large Church parking lot's and I still hear how I was the best plower they had. I guess a little pride in your work makes a lasting impression. Did I mention I'm only plowing 4 driveways this time.

O.K. heres the truck.

186.jpg

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Looks sharp. Welcome back!

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck. Looks good. Who did the install ?

4. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Dejana Truck in Smithfield. FWIW they were not the dealer from last year who did not install the X-Blade as promised

5. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

looks awesome sweet truck i also like the look of the back rack thing
    maybe ill see you around up here in northern ri sometime

6. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Never been in there but have driven by there. I have heard good things about them

7. ScubaSteve728

dejana just moved to a new shop with a very cool showroom and they carry the whole line of FLUID film defiantly worth a drop by to look around

8. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Nice set up. Good luck keeping your route at 4 driveways-it's how it always starts!

9. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Dejana did recently move into a new facility. As ScubaSteve728 pointed out they have a nice showroom with about 1/2 dozen different Fisher Plow's assembled so you can look at them. This was my first time dealing with them and I'm pleased. A dealer closer to me was $200 cheaper on the install but Dejana is a very professional outfit.

They are primarily a truck upfitter and I bet they have 50 Cab & Chassis sitting in a lot waiting to be upfitted. If you wanted to just look and compare the different offerings from the big three as far as cab and chassis go that would be the place.

And yes, they carry Fluid Film. Lot's of fluid film in both aeresol and gallon's. The even sell the gun to spray it with. I bought 2 cans to try out as I've never used it.

10. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Heres the Cab Protector.

187.jpg

11. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome back to the game! With only 4 drives, your plow will look new for years!

12. ScubaSteve728

dang thats sweet i like the in bed toolbox also!

13. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

It's certainly more of a conveinence tool than a money maker this time around. I'm obligated to maintain my mothers, inlaws, eldelry neighbor and of course my own. With my job I can't always set aside 3 hours to snowblowing so this will lesson the burden.

I know damn well I'll be plowing more than 4 driveways but I refuse to have a "route" like I did before.

14. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Heres a link to a thread with one of my old trucks (truck was only a couple of months old then). http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=8923 Please don't post in it and resurrect a 10 year old thread. As you can see I'm a Dodge man. That was when I had to scan photo's to upload them into the computer. Thank God for digital camera's.

15. SilverLT2

SilverLT2 Senior Member

Nice RAM Nozzleman Thumbs Up what yr is it? gotta love black and chrome :nod:

16. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

It's a 2010 and as of yesterday I've had it 3 years.

17. TNLC

TNLC Junior Member

Nice truck and plow! Who makes that back rack? I like the looks of it.

18. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

The Cab Protector is made by Pro-Tech. It's powder coated aluminum and cost's a bit more than your standard Back-Rack but I prefer aluminum over steel.

19. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

nice truck nozzle! am i correct in guessing that those are not stock tire size?

20. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck and plow. I really like your head board also.