1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pictures of garages

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lucfw, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

hey, thought it would be a cool thread to post pictures of every ones garage setups. the pictures could be your work garage or personal. i am looking for some idea for my garage for more storage for tools ect. also does any one have a problem fitting there plow/truck in to there garage? i measured mine and its 9 feet i think (forgot). thought it would be cool to see everones setups

any way here is mine. i dont have a plow or truck...yet (i am only 15) soon though. i keep my tool chest in my basement and the rest in the garage. its a 2 car garage got a copple of things changed since then.

Shop, Tools, Tractor, and Equipment 001.jpg

Shop, Tools, Tractor, and Equipment 024.jpg

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Can I post a picture of the garage I want mine to be like when I build it? The garage at my parent's hounse is big but, it's nothing special.

3. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

yup! same mines nothing special either

4. mercer_me

I will probably take some pictures tomarow.

5. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I just moved into a new shop, I will be posting pictures on a different thread soon

6. mercer_me

This is the garage at my parent's house. It's 25'x30'. It's a not a bad garage but, it's unisulated and it's mainly used for storage so, I don't work on much stuff in it. The second picture is my tool box, it's a 4.5' wide 4.5' tall and 18" deep Husky. My parents gave it to me for Christmas last year. They got it the day after Thanksgiving at Home Depot for $500 and it normaly sells for around $1,500. It's not a bad box for a Husky, it has ball bearing drawers and the rubber mats on the bottom of every drawer. I have mostly Craftsman tools and a few Snap-On tools in it. I have pretty much every toool to get me by but, I still need more. I can't wait untill I build my own garage in a few years.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

My (grampa, (also lives with us) ) garage is unisulated too. mad hot in the summer frezzen in the winter. my husky does not have ball bearing (older box) also none of them have the rubber mats witch i want to get soon. i love that tool box it looks like it could hold every tool i own and some, really awsome garage to btw!

8. mercer_me

Thanks, I realy like that box. Before I got it, I had a small five drawer Craftsman and it was overflowing with tools. Then I got the Husky box and I have empty drawers.

The garage isn't to bad. I love having a big door so I can fit any thing I want in there. Like I said I realy wish it was insulated. The lighting is terible and it's hard to work on things in there. The floor is also cracked but, that's not that big of a deal. The floor also sweats alot in the Summer. It's pretty much just used for storage.

9. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

The garage isn't to bad. I love having a big door so I can fit any thing I want in there. Like I said I realy wish it was insulated. The lighting is terible and it's hard to work on things in there. The floor is also cracked but, that's not that big of a deal. The floor also sweats alot in the Summer. It's pretty much just used for storage.[/QUOTE]

For christmas me and my grampa got a shop light from TSC (not sure if they are in maine) and we love it. he has bad eye site in the dark and he says its really helping him see stuff in there. i think it was less than 25 bucks. its the light hanging infront of the window, right next to that weird thing i made for no reason. i wish i had one big door to. it would be really hard fitting a plow through my doors.

10. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

11. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

My garage attached to my house isn't anything too special. 24'x30' with standard garage doors. Somewhat heated, never gets below 45 or 50 in there. My main workspace is my barn. 60x210' (I think), no heat, dirt floor, open eaves... its really fun to work in there. Can't complain, it's better than in the rain I guess.

1.jpg

2.JPG

12. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

that big barn would be a good canidit for a wood funace pour a concrete floor and put a nice big door in front and close up those eves to keep the heat in your already half way there you have structure.

13. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

14. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

here are some pics of the garage at the house 24X48, 13' door i believe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. snocrete

snocrete Banned

That barn is coolThumbs Up

16. DeereFarmer

If I was going to be living here longer I would, but the goal is to be moved out by next summer, so i'll grit it out for one more winter.

17. DeereFarmer

Thanks! It was built in the late '50s and we rehabbed it. Thats an old pic. It's been painted and had a new roof put on since that pic.