1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures of 29 series mount on a 88-98 K1500 needed

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by coostv, Oct 12, 2009.

1. coostv

coostv Junior Member

I was only able to locate a mount for a 2500 HD. I picked it up for next to nothing when compared to a new set up, so I am fabricating the mount to fit the truck. Long story short I need to make sure I am placing it where it should be. Could someone take pictures of their mount both profile and straight on and post them up?

Here is a picture of where I sit right now. I have not cut the ends off of the center member yet. I will need to cut the side plates off and shorten the center member by about 3/4" on each side (will determine this after I am sure this is going to work). Anyhow right now I just need to know where the mount needs to sit in relationship to the bumper.

I have the height set for what I need, but does the face of the mount need to be plumb as I assume it does? When I lift the mount to plumb it, it is just even with the impact strip on the bumper.

[​IMG]

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The mount needs to set plumb, level it off the torsion tube. The bottom of the cups on the mount need to be around nine and one half inches.

3. coostv

coostv Junior Member

Thanks Basher. I got the height set. Does it matter iff the mount is flush with the bumper? Or, do they set back a bit?