1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PICTURES!! New boss plow on gmc shortbox

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Onebadbowtie86, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Hey guys, i just wanted to say thanks for all the help and knowledge ive already gained from this site! sure made putting my plow on myself alot easier! heres pictures i just took today of the finished product. I cranked the bars up, but theres no timbrens, im not sure if ill get them as this trucks getting sold in april. man these new boss lights are bright!!!!!

2. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck and new Boss. Those lights must be bright. Just put ballast in you should be fine. Good luck.
  4. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Looks sweet
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Looks nice!:drinkup:
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Very nice set-up.
  7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey hey, another new BOSS customer, looks great, hope you make some serious payup
  8. ChevyHD4X4

ChevyHD4X4 Senior Member

nice set up and I'm liking the lights
  9. PaulSmith

PaulSmith Junior Member

Looking good.....:nod:
  10. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

Nice truck! -Great pictures! Good luck with the new plow!!!
  11. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup. just add some ballast in the rear and it will level right out and handle better.
  12. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

Sorry im so new to the site but what does he mean when he says he cranked the bars up?
  13. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Looks like Boss is pre-punching the holes for mounting wings now. Wish mine had that...

"Cranking the bars" refers to adjusting the torsion bar mounts under the truck by literally "cranking" the bolt a couple of turns to add pre-load to the bars. This makes the front of the truck ride higher and/or compensate for additional weight on the front. This practice is common with Chevy trucks, but questionable for the fact that it increases the likelyness of over-torquing the bars and having one snap. It also changes the suspension geometry and may result in the need for an alignment job. The "right" way (...arguably....) is to install Timbren bump stops. That avoids the extra stress on the bars.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  14. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Sweet setup
  15. ACS

ACS Member

Nice Set Up For Sure , Better get some action shots this winter.
  16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks great:redbounce