1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pictures inside, cracked mounting bolt in frame delema, what should i do???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by zippoz, Aug 15, 2005.

1. zippoz

zippoz Member

i just posted this but im not sure where it went so ill try again.

as i aws taking off the bumper of the new 1990 jeep 2 bolts cracked off in the frame, they are attached to nuts that are welded on the inside of the frame, i can not drill them, or air hammer them out, or even break off the nut from the inside of the frame.

im thinking that i will have to cut it with a torch, but since the mount has to be flush with the outside of the frame any welding i do to repair the frame has to be flush with the orig frame.... what do you think that i should do?

okay itll be a sec before i figure out how in hell to get the pics up, bear with me

i think that this is it...

this is a pic of my jeep
    [​IMG]

the below ones are the pics of my frame delema,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Your links did not work, but It could just be me :confused:

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

No pictures found....

4. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Jeep plow mounting

I have a 95 YJ jeep with a Meyer plow. The mounting hardware are different than anything I have ever seen. The hardware or bolt what ever you call it is hard steel. I had to cut mine out, repair frame and install new hardware. The bolt package was big money. I repaired frame and reinforced the frame been good to go for over one season. Get the install manual from the plow mfg and see what they have designed. That should make life easier.

Dave

5. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

If you can;t drill them you need a torch. Welding flush is no big deal- any compatent welder can do that. You flange the base surface for the patch to rest in and grind the weld flush after it's done.
    I hate to recomend this these days, but having the frame welded to the jeep frame would solve the problem- but it's not coming back off.

6. zippoz

zippoz Member

yeah i considered welding it to the jeep, but the whole damn jeep cost me $350 and i really dont expect it to go more than one season, and without that mount, or some kick ass fabrication job, my conventional plow would be a big ol' paperweight