1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictures before/after service

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Camden, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

This is the first year I'm being asked to snap pictures before and after I service an account. Has this practice been going on for a while? It seems to me like it's a big waste of time. If I wanted to be a photographer that's what I'd be doing instead of plowing.

What kills me is that they want a certain sized photo with a time stamp :dizzy: I could see if I was working on a per hour basis but this lot is per push so why would they care how long it takes me as long as it's getting done according to the contracts specifications?

What a joke...

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

and i bet you are going to see more of this stuff, i think management companies are going to use things like this to justify accounts,

3. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

roy ive never had anyone request that here....seems kinda strange to me :confused: but i myself do take pictures at one location because of i have been sued twice there:angry:this way if it happens again i will have some proof that the lot was clean to the pavement when i left !!

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hope you get some good "action" shots in the parking lot at night!

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have had to do that a few times plowing foreclosure homes for banks out of town or for a company when we plow cell towers for a company out of state

6. Same here. Had to e-mail all pics and invoices as well. It was a p.i.t.a. but it paid well.

7. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Had a customer request pic's once of before and after. I was ok with it and it never really was an issue during the winter. What I did have a problem with was the customer that wanted us to leave a card that had our time in and time done and what service was performed in their little mailbox door.
    It was a big pain and it was obvious when we pushed and when we salted.