1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picture request

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LAB INC, May 6, 2016.

1. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Any of you guys out there with a 15-16 GMC Denali with a Western-Fisher plows. Could you please post some pictures of the truck side with out the plow on. I just purchased A new truck. I want to see how it looks. Hoping you don't have to hack it up that bad. Thank you.

2. coke813

coke813 Member

I had a similar question when I purchased my 2015 last year. I know its a different model, but look through all the photos, you'll get an idea of what I found. No one on here would send me any photos of their truck so I had to request photos from the plow manufacturers. I'll tell you what- I don't mind the way my bumper looks with the receivers off now. I think there is less cutting on a HD truck because it doesn't have the lower plastic valence that is on mine.

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=162764&highlight=half+ton+plow

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I was really nervous about cutting into the front of my Denali but it actually turned out okay. I completely removed the lower valance and now that the snow season is over I can take off the plow receivers and put the valance back on.

Denali.jpg

4. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Plow

Thank you guys ! I appreacte it so much. Any more pictures would be great !

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  5. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Your truck came out good. Hate to be a pain but do you have any more pictures of the front of your truck head on ? Also the middle part were the license plate is does the plow rub up on it and is that peace in the middle flop around. Also was wondering when you out the plow on does the hook or hit any of the bumper. I have been a ford guy for a long time. Just went to a gm and I love it. Just don't want a truck for 70k that looks bad. Thank you again.

6. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

FWIW

Here's my SLT with the Fisher MM2

Really tight to the bumper cut

hardly noticeable

IMG_1008.JPG

7. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Now that one looks good ! Wonder if we could make the Western one look that way !

8. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Western probably looks better with receivers out. Fisher will always look like that

9. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

That's what I was thinking. I might have to get a Fisher or just leave the receivers on all year.

10. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Or fab up tow hooks or a bull bar to use western recover pockets

11. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

I was thinking that as well.

12. Road Dawg

Road Dawg Junior Member

Why the switch from Ford. I have a 2015 Denali with a fisher mount. Looks fine not really hacked up at all.

13. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Still have the ford. I have been having some problems with the fuel system on the ford. I had to add a truck for work so I thought I would try a GMC. Do you have any pictures of how yours looks. Thank you.

14. racingmt

racingmt Member

My 2015 Chevy 2500HD....I know its not a GMC but figured id share to help. I have a new western 8' pro plus.

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

15. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Member

Nice setup, GOOD LUCK W/YOUR NEW RIDE!!!

16. racingmt

racingmt Member

Thanks man

17. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Thank you for the pics !! Truck looks great !!

18. LAB INC

LAB INC Senior Member

Any one else have pictures of a Denial with a western mount they can show me. Thank you.

19. Metal1371

Metal1371 Junior Member
    from Boston

I just posted a new thread asking very similar question for my 16 chevy 2500 high country. I'm looking at a fisher 8.5 extremeV. I have seen a few newer chevy trucks with fisher plows and it looks like the plow hits the bumper/license plate when raised. I'm now thinking i may need to look into western. If the western wont hit the bumper and has the removable gear I like that for a cleaner look in the summer months.

20. Metal1371

Metal1371 Junior Member
    from Boston

did you have to pull your license plate back under the truck at all for the plow not to hit it, or does the western not have this issue? I have found the fisher plows will hit the plate and bumper so installers have been pulling plates and plastic back under truck and fastening them there. kinda cheesy in my opinion.