1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picture of my trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by YPLLLC, Dec 8, 2008.

1. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Heres my 3 2008 Tundra dbl cabs with 8ft beds

fleet.jpg

2. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

putting plow pics up soon

3. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

What plows do you have for them?

4. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

have Snoway 29 series and salt spreaders

5. Signature lawns

Signature lawns Junior Member

Didn't want to help bail out any of the BIG 3 huh? lol...Nice fleet :D

6. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

I would have been more than happy to, but when toyota was willing to take over 10k off each truck for a total of $33,000 off I had to do it. Ford would not even tak $15,000 off msrp. lol

7. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

looks good. im starting to like those tundras more and more

8. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

haha

nice choice on the trucks and the color

9. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

Plowin diesel, I love them, I had two little V6ers and they were great but would max out at like 2 tons of pulling. I do a lot of lawncare and mulching in the spring and summer and i tell you the best part about these is the turning radius... I never have to back up when going around a circle drive even with cars on either side, I can pretty much turn in half the space as a ford or dodge or other truck and thats with a 20ft trailer. I love them!!!

10. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I'd have to say that your the first person in this industry that I've seen that runs all jap trucks. I just could not bring myself to do it honestly, but they look good!:waving:

11. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I would run "jap" trucks but , around here I would lose work . . Have you lost any jobs do to having those trucks ?

12. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

I am just starting out with plowing and so no I have not lost jobs. The rest of the year I do lawncare and landscaping, mainly for residential, but looking to get into commercial, and no we have not lost any business because of our trucks. I know its just the tradition and thought of a foriegn vehicle. But actually these vehicles are 100% made in the USA now, which most people do not realize. In fact there are more parts on a tundra made in the US than in any other american truck in its class. I got them for a few reasons; 1 they last longer than US trucks, 2 they have the absolute best turning radius, 3 i priced out fords and gmc and toyota, toyota was the only one who was even willing to come down to the price i wanted. I saved over $33,000 total on these trucks from the MSRP. I love them, just wish toyota made a 3/4 ton...

13. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

We may all be bailing out the big 3 without getting anything in return. Every April 15th, for the next 80 years.

14. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Double cab 8 ft bed.

Here is mine, it out pulls my gmc hd 2500 & F 250, turning is much better also. The ford handled a load the best, then the toyota & gmc to follow.I installed firestone airbags in the rear of the tundra, just need to upgrade tires to e load range. Good luck with the TT's.

[​IMG]

15. H20-32

H20-32 Member

Toyota tundra

Lets see some pics of the fleet work ready.What did you pay for the plows, options.

16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

H20-32 listen, there is no way a friggin Toyota Jap Scrap is going to out pull my diesel Superduty, anytime anywhere...

YPLLC, I have to challenge you too about " In fact there are more parts on a tundra made in the US than in any other American truck in its class". I've been calling on the auto industry for 28 years, both Foreign and Domestic and I'm not quite sure of your experience other than what the dealer told you in order to get you to buy them, but the Ford F-150, Flagship of the truck market for decades has the lowest foreign content than any other truck in it's class, and that is a fact my friend.

" They last longer than US trucks " I don't know what US truck you owned but this is not true either, are you talking from experience ??

You may feel like there is a ton of US manufactured parts on those truck but the cash goes back to the homeland dude. There are two foreign auto plants that closed in the South to take the work back to Japan, they left the plants idol and the workers holding their pe*kers in their hand and no work. As soon as the economy started to take a dive in Japan the work was pulled from the US and given to their people. Now, there are talks of the plants getting a new engine but that has now been put on hold as well.

Best of luck to ya though :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  17. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I would've bought a fleet of Dodges!! And here you can get a DIESEL crew cab for the $33k EASY. I almost bought a '08 Chevy 2500hd, power everything, DURAMAX, extra cab - $32,750 with $500 commercial rebate!

18. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

19. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

I did not pay $33k I paid under $24k a piece. The $33k was the amount off the MSRP for all 3.

Also guys, I was not meaning for my post to look like a brag, please dont ridocule me on my trucks, I am sorry to all who I have pissed off!!!!!

20. Loni1113

Loni1113 Senior Member
    from Utah

NICE!! Glad to see someone else with a Tundra on here. Here is a pick of my Plowing Machine. I up'ed to the 8 foot XBlade. It is awsome!!

myplowtruck.jpg

mysalter.jpg