1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Picture/info request - classic mount, 99-06 Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JCByrd24, Oct 20, 2009.

1. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Can someone post a pic or tell me whether the Meyer classic mount tubes come through the existing towhook holes in the valence or if the holes have to be modified. I have an E47 and 7.6 ST blade, but don't want to shell out the cash for a mount and hoop (can't find a used one around). I want to make my own in a similar fashion, with 2" square recievers vice round, modelled after the meyer mount (I downloaded their truckside mount parts/installation PDF which is a great reference.) I want to come through the existing valence towhook holes, but it looks to me like the meyer would require trimming of the holes further, which I'd like to avoid. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

yup your going to haveto cut! no way around it.

3. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

That's what it looked like to me from the Meyer's drawing of the mount and looking at the truck. Looks like the hole would be trimmed on the inner edge by about 2" as the tubes sit inside the frame and the current holes are basically right at the end of the frame rails and extend to the outside of the frame a little.

Thanks!