1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pictues of my new truck!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate lawns, Jul 7, 2003.

1. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

2. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Nice looking truck!:drinkup: Are you gonna plow with it? What engine/tranny do ya have too and is it a 4x4

3. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

Yea im gonna put a plow on in the fall. I gotta save up a lotta money to set up the truck. haves a Vortec engine. 3500 GAS.
    Yes, its 4x4. Not sure what kind of plow I wanna put on it though.
    Thanks,

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Gotta little bit of everything there aye?!Ford,chevy,dodge:p
    Oddly enough,that front end is starting to grow on me,i figured it would in time,i see 5 or 6 of them everyday now so they are not so strange anymore.Good luck with her:waving:

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck! Good luck with it. I would not put on plow any smaller than 8.5' for that truck, especially with the fact that it is a dually. A V plow would be your best bet.

You said that it is a gasser but what engine? 6.0L or 8.1L (both Vortec) with automatic (4L80E) or manual (ZF6) tranny?

6. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'm not crazy about the front ends of the new Chevy's,but it's still a nice truck.It doesn't have to look pretty to work well.

7. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

hmm Chevy, Ford, Dodge....your missing a GMC haha. Little taste of eveything. Got some nice rigs. Enjoy the new truck

8. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

I agree with ya wyldman on the front ends I liked the 2001/2002 they were much bolder or in your face more.Wxmn6 don't forget about the allison tranny:D

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Hey thats a real nice truck you got there, best of luck with it. So a Chevy, Ford, And Dodge! Interesting fleet .:drinkup:

As for the plow dont go under 9ft. I have a 2001 chevy 3500 dual wheels dump with 8ft meyer and 8ft just dont fit. So for the plow i suggest you look at Fisher, Western, Blizzard, and Boss. Also consider a v-plow they are a great chioce.

10. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Slowly but surely those front ends are growing on me also. I like that spread in the pic you got the Ford Chebie and Dudge all in there :)

Jay

11. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Nice truck, best of luck with it. I agree on plow size, no smaller than an 8.5'. 9' would be perfect probably. The Fisher and Western V plows only come in 8.5' or 9.5', but I think the 9.5' would be too big and too heavy, just my oppinion, maybe Im wrong. Nice fleet of trucks. Let us know which one gives the best service with the least amount of break downs. Look at these 2 clowns, Meyer and Jay with the same Ford avatar. :D I didnt know you guys were such "buddy-buddy". Whens the wedding? LOL :drinkup: Mike

Moderators: Im posting this reply while this thread is in the snowplowing forum. If it gets moved to the pictures forum, does my reply still count? :p

12. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Probably sometime this winter so they can "do it in the snow" as jay would say:yow!: :D

13. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Nice trucks ultimate lawn. I'm still looking for my next one, sure wish it could be new as well but we just don't get the snow or the money you easterners do. By the way, the person driving the works truck looks a little small (and young ) tobe behind the wheel of that truck.

14. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Sweet truck you got there looks great, hope it works out for ya, MY question is on your ford whats up with the plow lights on the light bar? Do they work alright?

15. wyldman

wyldman Member

I was gonna ask about the lights too.Good idea I guess,as they should work pretty well up there,and you get a marker\signal along with it,all in a rust resistant housing.

16. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

yes wesley and wyldman, They work excelent. The lights shine out so far. I usually use those instead of the lights on the plow.
    The turn signals work out pretty well too.
    Thanks,

17. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Do you have any prolbems withthose lights in heavy snow storms i know traveling down the road i like to turn the lights off in whiteouts to see better.

18. wxmn6

Hmmm.... as a firefighter myself, I remember one night we had a call and it was very foggy outside. When responsing to the scene, it looks pretty cool with those lights reflecting on fog. You could see it from your seat. Too bad it only lasted for a few minutes before we arrived to the scene. :D :cool:

19. wxmn6

Those lights during whiteout could be a bit distracting, but it is better to leave it running. During whiteout, you barely could see things. Those lights can still be a life saver, it can help someone else see you better than without it. So just something to think about.

20. wyldman

wyldman Member

I used to run lights on the roof,and they still worked fine during whiteout conditions.They were long range off road lights,and would cut right through the snow\fog.They also kinda created a large halo of light around the truck in those conditions,so it was almost like driving during the day it was so bright.

Oncoming motorists did not like them very much though,as they would pretty much blind you :cool: