1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of your 5/8-8 edge on a 9ft Xblade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wolfmobile8, Dec 25, 2014.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Just seeing if anyone has a 9ft Xblade with a 5/8-8 cutting edge along with some winter equipment curb guards. Looking for some pics to get an idea.
  2. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I had a 5/8 x 8" on a 8'6" straight.... It trips on everything. It has a lot of leverage on the trip springs. So unless all your plowing is paved and smooth, I suggest staying with 6". I got rid of it ASAP. About half my drives are not paved but are rocky or very hard packed dirt. This was the only pic I took of it with the 8" edge on it.
  3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Looking for trouble with that edge on an X-Blade,being center punched the leverage is now even greater,trips easier,wears your springs out and eventually stresses the blade to the point of failure,i'e made extensive repairs on 2 for customers who thought they were saving $$,not the case.
    I see some on here are doing it but i would have to advise against it,just my .02
  4. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Yes I'm gonna go with the 5/8-6 that's what I had put on my 8ft Xblade. That's the biggest you can go on a 5/8 edge on it. If you go any bigger you start doing damage.
  5. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I would imagine X blade should have less issues with it catching stuff causing it to trip more often with the more aggressive attack angle.
  6. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Go with the 5/8" thick center punched edge. Trips to easily with the regular edges.