1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

PICS of what I use to clean driveways...not a plow!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lawntec, Jan 27, 2008.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I built this this year. Cost about $1100.

It woks amazing, Ihave as much down pressure as I want it pushes and pulls. Cleans every bit of the driveway....clean!!

SP_A0128.jpg

SP_A0127.jpg

2. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I do all my sidewalks witht he broom, which is why the bristles are looking rough in the front. There is alote of pressure where the sidewalk edge is.

3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Would love to see it in the raised position

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i laughd and then come summer u remove synthetic turf lines right?

5. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

one more for you...

SP_A0130.jpg

6. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

here is another when up

SP_A0129.jpg

7. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

HUH??? I have no idea what you are talking about.

8. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

looks neat but i dont see it working very well...IMO

9. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

I've seen rotary ones, but none like that. Does it move side to side?

10. KGRlandscapeing

it was a joke sorry

11. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

No I can't angle it. It would be easy to make it angle though. Your right it doesn't look like it would work well but it is awesome. I would never go without it again. We only have to shovel in front of the garage doors. I can pile the snow up about 5'. And when pushing, the front bristles bent back, forcing the snow to stay in front. It never comes back over the broom. I have snow on top because while i pile the snow I have to 'lift' it if you will.
    Our average is about 3 mins per house.

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

did you use it for the driveway your parked on in the pics??/ if so it works horrible.

13. KGRlandscapeing

enless its gravel

14. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

That must work great on interlock and stamped concrete driveways. I know a neighbor hood where that is all they have and one guy blows the driveway then shovels it. You said you made it, what about just the broom part, and I mount it to a bobcat quick tack plate? What would that broom cost? If you have time could you get a picture of what a driveway looks like after this could be quite the product you have here.

15. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

No i didn't do my own driveway with it. I used a tractor. And it is gravel. The brooms were bought from a street sweeping company in town.

Believe it or not it works best on paver or exposed agregate drives. It leaves them almost perfect, far better then a shovel could ever do.

I have been using it for about 3 months now and love it. We are supposed to get 10cm snow tonight I will get a video tomorow.

16. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I mounted mine to a reese hidden hitch in the front.

17. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

cool idea how does it do in deep snow?

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats pretty neat, I have never seen anything like that

19. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

good idea,
    lets see a drive you clean

20. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

We have not had a severe snowfall yet so I don't know how much snow it will handle. It is 14" tall and the snow piles high in front of the broom.
    I will get some shots of it in use tomorow.

To do drives I pull in the drive, drop the broom pull it out to the street, pull back in make another pull, then when I am pullikng out I cut the wheels and push the snow on a 45 degree angle onto the lawn...with out letting the tires of the truck touch the lawn.