1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of v plows with wings?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by chris.outdoor, Dec 18, 2010.

1. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

im trying to do research for next season on a plow. really want the vxt with wings but am worried because we have a ton of narrow streets around here and i think they would be dangerous to travel with:confused: can anyone post up pics of them in the full v position that you drive around in?? im ultimately trying to pick up 6 dunks and 4 irvings next year but again the drive through and fuel tank lids etc etc im thinking ill have to do a wide-out.. thanks in advance guys Thumbs Up

2. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

I don't know about everyone else, but everyone around here takes them off for travel. That would help save the rubber edges from unnecessary wear from bottoming out on the road...

3. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

oh so i take it there easy to take off? i havent had a chance to look at them yet:rolleyes: part of my research i gotta do

4. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

we have a very tight route and will leave the wings on during short trips to a from different lots, i have never seen a cop pull over a plow truck around here in my whole career so take that for what its worth. these wings go off an on in less than a minute, though they are a bit hefty pulling them in and out over the side of the bed. the wing tips rarely ever bottom out unless you hit a decent bump or dip.

but one thing is for sure, they are definitely worth it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chris.outdoor

chris.outdoor Member
    from NH

JAHHHEEESSSUUUMMM those are HUGE hahahaThumbs Up the reason i want wings is less moving/powerd parts... less headache