1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of the trucks, blowers, plows.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Petr51488, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Here are a few pics of my trucks, blower and plows. Theres a honda rubicon with a blackline plow, with an atv cab. Then we have 3 honda blowers and a boss 8'6 plow. I fit the atv with plow, 1 blower and the saltspreader on the diesel with the boss hanging off the front, while the other truck that my brothers operate has 2 blowers with a bunch of shovels. The atv cab has by far been the best, cheapest investment. I used to get soaked doing snow, but now am dry as a bone. I'm going to fab up a platform to go onto the hitch for the blower so its not in the way of unloading the atv and plow. Enjoy.. Lots of red in these pictures! Here's a link with the plow on the truck. I don't have any action pics yet. It snowed 6'' a few days ago but didnt bring the camera. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=60303

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

snow1.jpg

snow2.JPG

snow3.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

and 1 more.

snow4.JPG

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

What made you go with the plow on the cc instead of the reg. cab? Looks good though!

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice pics, Are you eventually going to get a plow for the 6Liter? I know you just recentley got the Boss. How many lots/driveways do you do?

5. 4u2nv

4u2nv Member

How does that sander work for you?

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

trucks and equipment look good. whats that box thingy on the back of the blue GMC for?

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Thanks. The box in the truck is the same in the backgroud of the snow pics. I use it for transporting firewood when the dump trailer has yard waste in it. I also use it for yard waste when needed, but rarely. The box holds 1 full cord where an 8ft bed will only hold a 1/2 cord.

You mean the spreader? Great. It was a little on the expensive side, but well worth it. Come to think of it, any commercial spreader is expensive.

I wanted a 4 door, and i needed a long bed, so thats what came out. I have 2 reg. cabs and like more room when going on trips and stuff. I work in the city for snow and the streets are tight. I havn;t had any problems clearing snow with this setup. Its not as bad as some might think. Because i go out in the snow when i use the blower and atv i get pretty wet sometimes. I have spare clothing, boots, gloves, hats, so when one wet pair is drying, i can throw on another pair. I also keep my spare tools in the truck too.

Thanks. The only reason why i would get a plow on the 6.0 is for backup, which i doubt i will get anytime soon. I cant fathom someone driving around in my brand new truck and brand new plow lol. I thought about it, but like i said i dont like other people using my stuff and i dont have that many lots where i woudl need a backup My brothers maintain 25 of my residential accounts and while i do 4 large commercial accounts and 2 lots (one being a few streets) that my uncle subs me out for.

8. tras

tras Member

Nice equipment.

9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Awsome pictures

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures!

11. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Heres a few pics from todays storm. we got about 2 inches of snow and about 3 feet of rain. Sloppy mess, but i'll take it!

plow1.JPG

plow2.JPG

plow3.JPG

plow4.JPG

plow5.JPG

12. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

More picssss

plow6.JPG

plow7.JPG

plow8.JPG

plow9.JPG

plow10.JPG

13. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

And one more

plow11.JPG

14. MnM

MnM Senior Member

nice set-up, love those action shots.................what city you plowing in?..................And that duramax is sweet but damn is that a long plowing machine.

15. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Thanks! I plow in Jersey City. Yea the truck is long, but i like having the extra room in the back.

16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures!

17. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Heres a few pounds i had in the truck today. 81 bags of 50# calcium cloride.

salt1.jpg

salt2.jpg

18. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

how do you like the blackline plow on your honda? we are looking into outfitting our two Arctic Cat quads with plows and like the features of the blackline. i just have seen to many other plows bend mounts etc... are they built pretty well? cause our two quads weigh about 750-800lbs each.

plowing with Crew Cab Long Beds Rules!! lol! (not always....)

19. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

going to spread all that with the little seeder? How much do you pay per bag for cc where you are?

20. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

The blackline has been working pretty well ever since i bypassed the controll box. It comes with alot of wires with this black plastic box. I had it inside a bag so it wouldnt get wet and it overheated and fried. I ended up clipping off that box and just put a fuse there. Ever since then its been working pretty good. I need a new wear bar too. These plows are heavy though and will drain your atv battery if its not constantly running. I allways have a trickle charger hooked up to it when i'm not using it to keep the battery charged.

Yep, pretty much. I use about 6 bags per storm, and my uncles uses about 6 as well. This is used for sidewalks and not any lots or roads. Their 14.50 a bag.