1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of the New XT V Blades

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by NEHawaiian, Dec 29, 2006.

1. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

:yow!: Here are the pics for the new XT V Blades! This picture shows the back dragging blade and the front cutting edge of the plow. Check it out! This plow looks like one of those plow trucks they use in Canada. The blades have a 7 inch taper that look like they will throw snow farther than Fisher or Western or even Meyers.

ONCE you get your hand on one of these plows you will never want the old BOSS V- blades again.

Plus the pricing is AWESOME. Apparently the pricing for it installed from a distributor friend that I know is basically giving it away. Here is the pricing for the plows:

8'2 V XT's $4550.00 Installed...... Retails for $5983.00 Installed
    9'2 V XT's $4750.00 Installed..... Retails for $6400.00 Installed

So why pay Full Retail when you can get it for from the Best Distributor in the Northeast!

He stated this pricing is firm and unlimited quantities available.

If interested private message me or call the number listed on the magnetic sign:yow!:

DSCN0311edit.JPG

DSCN0310.JPG

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  2. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

SWEEEET! Wish they had these out about 2mo ago.

3. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I just threw up all over my keyboard. Knowing I paid more than that for my 'old' style V. :mad:

4. pjw

pjw Junior Member

V-xt

Are they going to make the 10` V a XT ?? When are these going to be available ?? Looking to put one on a F-450. Thanks for any info.:redbounce

5. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

I was just reading in the other Boss thread how a guy swapped out his 7 foot wings for 8 foot wings. I got on Boss' site and I think the new XT wings are available. Anyone have thought s on trying to swap regulars for XT's?? I'm gonna give my dealer a call and see if it can be done instead of buying a whole new plow setup. The Boss site doesn't show a picture for what I'm guessing is the XT wings. As for a 10 foot XT PJW--- man I don't know? Depending on what kind of areas you clear and how high the snow may pile up that could be a lot of plow for a 450. My F550 dump runs a 9'2" Vee and when I push out some of my windblown farmlanes that get 2-3 feet I'ts a 4 Low affair. I put 3 ton of stone in the back and tip the body so it's all against the gate for traction. The truck with plow and stone weighs around 17,000 pounds. With 4.88 gears a a 6.0 diesel It's still a Hail Mary some days. If you just have parking lots and such you shouldn't have any problem at all. Yes a 10ft v XT would be awesome!!

6. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Hey PJW is that ASV with a bullhog in your avatar yours? If it is are you for hire?
    Thanks

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

8. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Just hung up with my local Boss dealer. He said a XT will swap out with my 9"2" poly. My cost is$900 per side.

9. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ouch, that will leave a hole in the panties...:dizzy:

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I didn't think thay made them in poly? Is that the price for the steel ones?

So they want $1800 for both installed.
    How much for just the blade halfs uninstalled?

Still, it's a lot cheeper than a new plow.

11. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

No they are steel. I have poly on mine now. You're right they don't offer poly yet. The polys I have don't really impress me. When they were new and shiny they were o.k. but now they are roughed up and I think they are stickier than steel now. I'm waiting for some Fluid Film to show at my door to try out. The $900 per side in NOT installed. I was thinking the same as you Snofarmer. That a lot of dough but it's still cheaper than the whole plow setup.

12. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

9.2 Boss Power - V Xt

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DEALER ..............................

THE BOSS 9.2 POWER - V XT IS ON - AND...... AWSOME I MAY ADD.

THE XT SERIES WONT BE COMING OUT IN POLY FORM FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS !

THE BOSS REP SAID THEY PUT ALL THE R & D IN THE STEEL XT, AND THEY WILL RUN THIS FOR NOW !!

I LIKE THE STEEL ANYWAY...... AND, IF YOU TAKE CARE OF THEM JUST A LITTLE, THEY LOOK AS GOOD, IF NOT BETTER THAN A POLY IN 2-3 YEARS !! IMHO

SO I WILL POST PICTURES TOMMORROW, AS ITS IN THE GARAGE AND ITS LATE !!

TILL THEN ................................ :sleeping:

13. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

Do you have a heat issue with them is my only concern? That height loks like it wood block all the air in to radiator. Please leave me know.
    Mike

14. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

45 MINUTE DRIVE HOME WITH IT LAST NIGHT = ENGINE TEMPURATURE WAS *192-*194 ALL THE WAY.

SPEED 70-75 MPH

I DONT THINK THEIR IS ANY TEMPURATURE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN THE XT AND MY STANDARD V !!

15. pjw

pjw Junior Member

10` V

BOSS550, Hows the weather, we`ve gotten 2-3` in the last 3 days and its still snowing. I am looking at a F-550 gas v10 and put a Boss 10V on it. The rc100 is comming in the spring, and yes we are for hire....Looking for lots of work this spring. :nod: Good luck plowing & stay safe..You can E-mail me..at petej58@hotmail.com.

16. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I am confused here. :dizzy:

In this post the OP mentions once again his "dealer friend" in other posts he mentions that he is a dealer and to call him for quotes.

Heck in a previous post he used the phone number in the sign in the picture as his phone number.

I am sure it is just me being confused and it could be one of the following :

1. He was a used car dealer at one point.
    2. We are seeing some good old shucking and jiving to get around the advertising policy.
    3. He sold dealership to this "friend"
    4. Just downright dishonest.

I am sure it is something simple like that. :dizzy:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  17. NEHawaiian

NEHawaiian Member
    from CT

I had to take off that I am a dealer/ distributor due to the last posts that I have put on because Boss did not agree with what I had posted earlier as far as the XT blades and they asked me to edit it or delete it. Also because other dealers were upset. So if you are confused I am sorry that I confused you.

18. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

IM REALLY CONFUSED OVER THESE TWO POSTS ?? :eek:

HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU TWO ARE DISAGREEING ABOUT ? :dizzy:

THANKS ------------------

19. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

More confused now.

If I read correct, you pretend to have a friend that is a dealer to avoid the advertising rules here and the fact that Boss does not want you as a dealer?

Sure, with two false-fronts that is where I will take my business.

20. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

I visited my dealer on monday and he sold 3 in the last week. As far as heat he said no problem on the v the air will come up from under the plow.
    Mike