1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of the new LAND YACHT!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BoyneCityGuy, Oct 28, 2009.

1. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

Well guys, it wont have a plow...for now anyways, but i figured i would share pics of my new (to me) truck. 2007 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L Vortec CC/LB 20,000 miles in PERFECT CONDITION!ussmileyflag it just came at noon today, i cant wait to get it all fittted up with backrack, toolbox, spray in liner, work lights, etc...Let me know what you think!:drinkup:

Joe

bigred5.jpg

bigred3.jpg

bigred1.jpg

bigred2.jpg

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck. You should take that bed liner out IMO.

3. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

nice truck love my 05 and my 09 is growing on me

4. BoyneCityGuy

Agreed! that bed liner will be gone ASAP!! the previous owner put it in and its worthless! scratchin the paint up on the rails and i cant get to the stake pockets or bed tie downs...junk...line-x here i come!!

5. BoyneCityGuy

had a 99 and loved that body, this one will grow on me...im gettin used to seeing them on the road...so its all good! im like a kid at christmas today!!

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I thought that plaque on the hood meant it had a Duramax in it?

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Spray on is the only way to go IMO.

8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

no they say vortec too

9. BoyneCityGuy

nope...either or...mine just says vortec, as opposed to allison/duramax...wish mine said allison duramax!

10. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Oh, I thought only the diesels had the plaque. Sweet truck btw.

11. BoyneCityGuy

i may start a war, i dont know, but what are your opinions on the best spray in liner? i am leaning toward line-x, but am not against considering others...and i would at some point spray the rockers and lower doors too, probably in bodycolor bedliner. i had grey speedliner on my 99 and was happy...but i think i want a little higher quality on this new of a truck...

12. BoyneCityGuy

thanks! i appreciate it!

13. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Very nice truck. I could of swore I saw a regular Duramax plaque above the 2500HD on a couple trucks...

14. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I really like the crew cabs Chevys. It doesn't need a plow, it will be a great personal truck.

15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks good they are starting to grow on me.

16. BoyneCityGuy

that truck is going to work its a$$ off all summer to make it worth the check that was written for it...but its my daily driver too, so it goes back and forth to school all winter, plus whatever work i can snag...so it will by no means be babied, but it wont be trashed either...i like a good image on the jobsite :)

PS: im really excited to test the integrated trailer brake controller...any opinions??

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Land Yachts rule! I dont have a crew, ECLB.

7-4 Homesteader should be fine.

18. BoyneCityGuy

this will be my first crew cab ever, but i like it already i think!! and this truck will work its a$$ off all summer to make the check that had to be written worth it...and it will haul me around to school all winter, so its my DD and my WT...im excited!

PS: any thoughts on the integrated trailer brake controller anybody? im excited to try it out!

19. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I like my integrated brake controller. Its pretty good. It gets you close and you just fine tune it. Wait till you use the tow haul mode. Can you say jake brake?

20. BoyneCityGuy

does the tow/haul jake brake thing work?? i have heard varied reviews...i am excited to try it. do you have to use the button on the shifter and manually knock it down a gear or is it automatic when in T/H? does the shift button on the gearshift really do much? my old truck had tow/haul, but that was it...no shift button, and only a 4spd tranny instead of 6...