1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of the new downeaster sander

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MJM Landscaping, Dec 18, 2009.

1. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Just a few pics, went with the 2.5-3 yd, dual electric model. Gotta say so far electric is the way to go. I drove to the place set on buying their self contained hydraulic unit powered by a gas engine, but after looking at it way to many parts. You basically have a gas engine still and a whole hydraulic unit to maintain. I was going to simplicity and low maintenance.

DSCN1124.jpg

DSCN1125.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

2. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

you have to put a drop down shield on your truck and relocate the taillights to the sander. Your truck is getting painted with sand.

3. SnowPro93

SnowPro93 Senior Member

Actually or extend the shoot...sorry still early for me to be making logical suggestions without noticing the obvious first haha

4. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Well I buy my sanders with the short chutes. Whats the first thing you are gonna hit with a long chute. I've seen a couple brand new ones around after one frozen snow back they are mangled. I had a rubber piece on my last one that pretty much stopped it all, I just gotta find another one.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  5. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice setup. how does the truck hold the weight when shes full?

6. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

It carries it really good I had it rounded over last week and I was really impressed. I am definetly sold on all electric sanders.

7. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

looks good how bout some pics of that lifted super duty??

8. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

dude you have some nicest equipment around love seeing your trucks and tractors :D hope your ready for the weekend

9. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Nice unit! did you go to Topsham to get it?

10. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Ya I drove to topsham not that far of a drive. It was worth it, I went with the optional second motor with the adjustable spinner. I can spread from 8 feet wide to prolly 35 with the spin of the dial.

11. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good man!

I need a bulk spreader!

12. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

MJM where in Maine are you?..... I have some epdm 60 that you could have... I'm in Auburn

13. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Mick76: I am located in Gorham right outside of Portland. What is epdm 60?

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That spreader looks really good. If you don't mind me asking what did it cost?

15. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

rubber roofing... I've got a pc under my sander to keep the sand from accumlating around my bumper area... got a extra 18" by 50 ' pc left over from a job you could glue together... wouldn't cost you anything but gas to come up here... let me know

16. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

JD Dave: It was right around $5000. I opted for the second motor which added $600.

Mick76: Ya I might take you up on that offer. I actually was gonna used rolled roofing for my salt shed. My old sander my buddy had a piece of conveyer belt off a grinder, that worked mint.

17. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That sounds pretty good. I'd much rather have stainless then a plastic spreader.

18. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice sander. I've bean seing alot of Salt Dogs around, it's realy good that you suported the local economy.

19. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

thats a pretty good deal. i think my next spreader will be electric, one less motor to keep running

20. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Did you get any action pic's of the trucks and or the spreader over the last couple seasons? Lets see em'!