1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of small snow removal equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by K20Fisher, Mar 12, 2008.

1. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm 12 and want to plow my driveway and mabe one down the street so I can't drive a truck.
    So I was wondering does anyone have any ideas of somthing i could buy i could probaly have 1500 bucks by next winter and if you have pics that would be nice.

2. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

How about a lawn tractor, with a blade? You can cut grass too payup

mikes067.jpg

07124441000.jpg

3. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I think you'd be better off with a lawn mower that had a snow blower, or a walk behind snow blower. If you are old enough to run one safely that is. For 1500, you could a nice walk behind with a shield, and little push salt spreader. I would not try to act like a business tho. Act like a kid who needs money, and you will do better (sympathy effect etc). Also, a company has to pay takes, insurance, etc. One of my friends in new jersey lives on a lake. Some kids were driving around in their dads boat selling sodas and candy on the lake. They were ten and eleven. The cops fined them for selling without a license. Don't forget a good shovel.

on second thought. Invest that 1500$ in a good CD or bank account. Buy a shovel, and just use that. Only doing 2 driveways, it won't pay to buy a lot of equipment. Put the money towards college.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  4. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

thats what i was thinking whats that one in the big pic

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

get a lawn tractor with a snow blower u can use it year round

6. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

ya but one drive is dirt.

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

so just put down the skid shoes

8. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

thats true

9. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

than i could bring a small trailer with a push spreader and sand or salt and a shovel

10. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

try a small used ATV or tractor.. or find a used snowblower and get driveways that are close to your house

11. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

12. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

13. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

small trac.jpg
    I also have this picture with the plow attached, it's the only picture with the plow, and when I went to prom in april, I still had it on for some excavation. But yeah, A lawn and garden tractor is the best route to go if you're only 12. Thats what I was using, and i'm 19 now, and buying a plow this summer.

small trac.jpg

14. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

see i would like some thing like your setup

15. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

It's for sale, but I ain't shipping it to Maine I"ll tell you that right now. But I need something to drive to the ice cream store, so I'll probly keep it.

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

I would find a used hydro lawn tractor with a plow

17. K20Fisher

K20Fisher Senior Member
    from Maine

what about this 317 JOHN DEERE TRACTOR REPAINTED LAST YEAR FRONT TIRES REPLACED LAST YEAR BEARINGS IN DECK REPLACED LAST YEAR SEAT WAS ALSO REPLACED. MOTOR REPLACED 5 YRS AGO WELL TAKEN CARE OF HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION AS WELL DECK LOWERING IS HYDRAULIC.54 " PLOW HYDRAULIC UP AND DOWN AS WELL SIDE TO SIDE.CHAINS FOR TIRES INCLUDED.

519 738 6643[​IMG]

18. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

That would be great, a 317 is a great tractor. I'd jump on it.

19. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

You're 19 and you ride a john deere tractor to the ice cream store??:confused:

20. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Do not buy if engine is K17 1 series if it is K17 2 series it good motor. if it is K17 first series it will die if you mow on no flat yard like hill.