1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pic's of plow on my 1996 Cherokee

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by hardtorn, Oct 26, 2010.

1. hardtorn

hardtorn Junior Member

I got the plow mounted this weekend. It works just fine.
    I need to add a bit of reinforcement to the mount area back to the frame.
    I did notice a little "drop" after the plow was on & I drove around the block.
    I just need to make up some type of steel plate to stop the sagging of the plow.

I'm happy so far....
    I need to do some small repairs to areas that have been let go for some time.

I'm also going to post a thread of how I got about 90% of the bend out of the plow...
    Old school farm boy style... lol

2. 1PapaDock4

1PapaDock4 Member

Very nice.. I also read the thread about how you got most of the bend out.. Looks good!
    Happy plowing!
  3. h8to wrk

h8to wrk Member

looks like you are putting to much force on that brush guard. It has move quite a bit with the weight of the plow.
  4. hardtorn

hardtorn Junior Member

Adding support...

Yep.. your right... The brush guard has to much pull down on
    the top I guess I would say. This is due to the way it was mounted to the frt. of the unibody.
    I plan to add some type of supports to keep the brush guard from moving/ bending down and forward.
  5. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

you need to tie those mounts to the frame.

you've mounted it to a sheetmetal bumper with sheet metal mounts...that thing isn't gonna do well for you, and you're gonna be upset when the weight of the snow pushes the brush guard straight into your header panel and destroys that.