1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of Plow Mount for International or Larger 5 ton Size Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by gillilandscape, Dec 14, 2010.

1. gillilandscape

gillilandscape Junior Member

I just purchased a Blizzard 8611 to mount on a 2001 International 4900 I have. I was trying to figure out how to build the side plates and kickers to strengthen the mount. The Pass seems fairly straight forward but the drive side is a nightmare with the power steering in the way of the mount.
    Anyone have a pics of similar large plow mounts so i can see how they are built. I have the original rectangular push beam that the plow plugs in to. Thanks in Advance.

James

2. MDSP

MDSP Member

I have an 2000 International 4700 with an 8611. I'll take pics tommorow.

3. gillilandscape

Thank You!

Awesome Man. I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the mount ties in around that damn steering pump.

How does the truck push. I assume yours is Rear wheel drive. I was going to throw 4 tons of 2B in the bed for some weight.

Thanks Again Man.

James

4. gillilandscape

Anyone else have any pics of mounts i could see. I'm hoping to get started on this thing in the AM!

5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

I will try to snap some shots before the guys leave this morning. No internationals, but we have f650 and fl70. We typically mount to the chassis in the front with angle iron and bolts with two kickers angled back to angle with bolts. If you want to post a pic of your truck I could prob help you out with drawing something up if you needed.

6. gillilandscape

Ill snap some pics when it gets light out and throw them up. I'm in the process of lifting the hood and bumper off to make mounting this thing easier. I appreciate your help.

James

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Here's a quick attach style truckside mount...maybe not exaxtly what you're looking for, but it came with my trucks and I'm assuming they used to push heavy duty road type plows. The lever on the backside of the plate goes from left to right and pushes a set of pins outwards to lock the plow in place, or inwards to disconnect the plow. :drinkup:

7400 International-Pic 4.jpg

7400 International-Pic 8.jpg

7400 International-Pic 4.jpg

7400 International-Pic 8.jpg

8. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

ive got the 8610 on my pick up and love that plow wish i had the 8611 on my 4900 instead of the old straight blade

9. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Is a 8611 not too light of a plow to stick on a 4900? Thats a big heavy truck the 8611 is more for your medium duty trucks I always thought.

10. gillilandscape

Well the blizzard website says for trucks up to 26,000 lbs. It is a pretty heavy plow.

Here are some pics.

IMG_7745.JPG

IMG_7749.JPG

IMG_7747.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG

IMG_7743.JPG

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

who gets the joy of driving that truck? haha

12. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Looks like your gonna have to make a sled for that and go to the axle.

13. paponte

paponte Senior Member

How much space do yiou have in front of the hangers in the front?

14. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Looks like fun. Start the shovels and sidewalk salters up on the roof.

gillilandscape,

I thought the GVWR on the 4900's are 33'000 10k front axle and 23 rear?

I'm not concerned about the blade weight more of the trucks weight and the amount of pushing power it has that it may be too strong for the blade. Blizzard does beat the big one way blades that most of those trucks.

Best of luck with the project. Thumbs Up Maybe talk to that Jerre guy in Erie PA.

15. gillilandscape

As far as space in front of the spring hangers, not much. i think we are going to fab some 3/4" thick brackets that mount in the same holes as the tow hooks out front and the go straight down to the plow frame. The kickers will be located about 22" back the frame (just in front of the front axle. Ill post a few pics when we get it finished.

The truck is 26,000. The site we are plowing is mainly roadway so we will see how it goes.

16. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Yeah, that's exactly what I would do. Straight down in front of the hangers to the four bolts on the push plate. For the kickers you can either go straight back to the axle, or kick up between the frame rails opposed to the outside because of the steering box.

17. gillilandscape

Alright Guys. I thought i would show everyone how it came out. Now we just need some snow! Have a merry X-mas everyone. Thanks again for all those who made suggestions.

James

IMG_7769 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7770 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7775 - Copy.JPG

IMG_7759 - Copy.JPG

18. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

It looks good. I bet that thing could move alot of snow.

19. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Came out good! I like that you put the tow hooks back on too.

20. gillilandscape

Yeah well i don't know how much snow it can move because i haven't got to plow more than about 2 inches with it!

As far as the tow hooks, i figured they were a must, although i have only needed them once since i owned the truck. You never know though.