1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of our Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Sno4U, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Finally got some time to do a couple of Pics of our stuff.

' 04 Dodge/ Diesel 3500 w/ 8.6" Western MVP and Salt Dogg 1500

' 97 GMC w/ 7.6" Western Uni-Mount and Buyers Spreader

' 97 Jeep Cherokee w/ Meyers 6.6" poly plow (E60 lift-its FAST)

' 98 Mustang 2040 Diesel/ cab w/ heat & wiper Western 7.6" w/ Pro wings

plow crew.jpg

More Crew.jpg

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

:drinkup:nice fleet there sno looks like a decent amount of snow there too keep em coming:drinkup:

3. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice fleet!

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Nice fleet. How do you like the mustang? I saw one for sale around here for a real good price but I was nervous to buy it since it seems to be a "grey market" machine. I'm not sure if this is true or not though.

5. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures of your fleet.

6. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

Nice pictures

7. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Gosh, the Cherokee makes me wanna put one on my 98 Cherokee sport that's my daily driver. Yours looks in good shape.

8. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Nice stuff! Gotta love the Jeep!

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice stuff. That Jeep must make a killer driveway machine.

10. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

nice set up!!! love the dodge:nod:

11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice fleet

12. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

I love my Mustang! Its a 2040. I believe its like a 1998 w/ about 2500 hours. 4 cyl , 40 hp, Yanmar Diesel.
    It only weighs around 5000# but, it sure pushes. The blade is actually a repainted 7.5 ft Western w/ the wings it runs about 9.5 ft
    Cab, heat & wiper so, its not too bad to run but it is loud. Not a problem at 1st but if you have to run it for several hours then it gets on your nerves. Not a big problem, just gotta remember the ear plugs.
    Also it has the single Joystick control w/ foot controls for the bucket functions. I like it b/c you can keep moving while grabbing a sip of coffee or just resting the other hand/arm while moving.
    I'm gonna try & post some video in a new thread.

13. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Ya, that control system sounds interesting. I've never seen or operated one like that before. That'd be great if we got some video.

14. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Nice fleet, man. You could clear alot of snow with those. I like the setup you have that Jeep, that's gotta be a killer little thing.

15. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Is that GMC a 2500? How do you like it?

16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a nice productive and profitable set-up!

17. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Yes the GMC is a 3/4 ton.
    My Dad drives it.
    I got the Big 'ol Dodge (& skid steer)
    ...and the wife runs the little Jeep.
    She isn't afraid to "give 'er" when plowin'

But we've had the GMC for several years. We bought it w/ 21K but now has something like 57K. NOT alot for a ' 97!
    For awhile I was having issues w/ the fuel pump. It would go thru 1 every year. No warning just stop running! PITA! Its the in tank pump so it'd cost alot to drop the tank and change out the pump every time but then we switched mechanics and he put in a better quality pump/screen and its been good for about 2.5 years now.
    Also the anti lock brakes suck! Come to think of it the brakes suck all together. You'll push the pedal and it'll go down but then it just fades away even farther. A very uneasy feeling. But it stops-its not like the pads lose pressure-stopping ability. We've been to the shop w/ it. Mech. says they're fine. Whatever.
    Also it has the EFI 350 gas. Well after ya run our diesel trucks and ya jump in that, it feels like it hardly has enough power to beat itself out of a wet paper bag!
    But its a truck, starts on the coldest of days, carries a pallet of salt just fine and the plow is great. Trannys' been good, doesn't burn or leak oil. So, we keep it around.

18. Brant'sLawnCare

Yeah, I'm friends with a guy that owns a 95 GMC just like that. His more like 100K miles on it, but it still runs. The engine sounds like it may die soon, and it has the same brake problem that your talking about, but other than that, you may as well use it until it dies! That's amazing that your truck only has 57K miles on it, that will last you a long time.

19. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Ya, like I said Pop drives it and its not our "frontline" truck(but to be honest its still alot better than alot of other peoples frontline vehicles!).
    I'll double check on the miles but I'm pretty sure thats about where it at.

20. Brant'sLawnCare

Cool. Why don't you use that Ford F350 to plow? It says it's a backup.