1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of new toy....

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by old skool, Dec 29, 2008.

1. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Ive plowed for over 30 years and thought Id have a hard time , after getting rid of my all-time favorite rig.. A 1980, one ton, dually, 4x4 with a 454, 400/205 and a 9 foot Meyer...Being completely rebuilt over 15 years ago, it now had over 400,000 miles and needed a complete re-do again. I just couldnt see doing that, getting 8mpg, when gas was over 4 bucks a gallon.

So last winter I bought the neighbors 80,000 mile, 1997, K3500 with a Vortec 5.7. It had and old Western 7 1/2 with the "T" handle control. He just used it to plow his drive. I used it all last winter...BUT the plow had to go bye-bye...

I bought a new Boss 8.2 V and installed it myself just before Thanksgiving. I absolutely LOVE this set-up!!!!! We have plowed 6 times this month, so never really got a chance to post pics... Soooo here ya go....

This is what happens with almost 2 feet of snow in Dec. and 40mph winds!!

Along our rural road...

On the way into town...

Thanks for looking!
  2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

awesome pics youll love the boss v they make an awesome product and make for some fun drift busting :cool:
  3. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

That should work our real nice for you. Look great with that V. Still can't get used to those huge lights though.
  4. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Yeah, Im real GLAD the lights dont stay on the truck!
  5. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

judging by your pics you get LOTS of snow
  6. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

BOSS make excellent plows! own a V and Straight blade and a set of wings......love them all! best of luck with the new setup
  7. White Knight

White Knight Member

Big lights but really bright! except when you lift a straight blade XT all the way up.
  8. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

I just installed a 9' 2" vee on my truck...when I got to the lights I thought they were gay looking and was thinking about putting the older style lights on it. Well I turned them on for the first time and completely changed my mind. Them are BRIGHT, by far the best lights I ever had.
  9. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

Kind of a fluke around here to get that much snow in a few weeks. Wierd thing is, we got over an inch of rain over the weekend, now most of its gone......AND never even got a chance to get the sled out! :cry:

The only thing I found with the lights is, I wish I could adjust them up a litte higher. Might have to re-do the bolt stops sometime.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  10. jhoser_2000

jhoser_2000 Junior Member

i added longer bolts and added washers to raise mine up and it work really well