1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of New ExtremeV Installed on my Rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Doakster, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Finished up my new extremeV install today, went pretty well just a little time consuming, and I have problem with the right wing being slower than the left to look into.

[​IMG]

Boy she looks good at night
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

OMG......that is a nice plow truck! Nice job, please give us pics this winter!

3. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

:D Appreciate the comment, I'll get some more pics this winter. Funny when people ask if I plow commercial with it and I always say no because I don't have the time, they are always surprised with I tell them I only plow 20-30 times a year with this truck.

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Couple other shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Welll i plowed 3 times last year...alot of wear and tear on the truck!:rolleyes: What do you plow?

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

holy crow! that is one of the nicest things ive seen in a while on here. VERY nice!

7. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I just plow for myself, family and friends when I have the chance. This is going to be a big difference from the 8' straight blade I used to run.

8. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Doakster - May i have your plow? Please? - Nick

Kidding, but damn do i want that exact plow on my truck, looks so boss

9. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Geez fellas I didn't think I would get that positive a reaction from you guys but I like it. The next time I hook up the plow(which could be soon so I can take it to the dealer and get my wing issue sorted out) I'll snap some more pics, maybe even give her a wash.

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

It's a nice set up, I think the rubber deflectors make it look even better, kinda like a whimpering dog with long saggy ears that is just begging to come out and play.

11. 06HD BOSS

how did you find the install to be? i cant wait to see the pics of that thing pushing some white!

12. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

The install was pretty straight forward, and I'm pretty familiar with the fisher MM2 systems from my old 8' straight blade.

Took me about 3 hours to unpackage the plow itself and put it together, you really need two people to line up the wings and slide the pivot pin in place, I couldn't have done it by myself.

Took about another 3hrs for the wiring, many because I had to strip the old harness out, and then install the new one and I took the time to run my cable the best way I saw fit.

Then another 1-2 hours for final set up, install the deflector and back drag edges.

I could have done it quicker but this was my first full install and I took my time.

One thing fisher has changed is the plugs for the head lights, the harnesses are now an "all in one" harness that does all types of headlights, but they have different plugs in the splice locations because of this, so I was scratching my head looking at two different plugs for the head lights, I had to call the dealer and they found out this is new from fisher but they will still work, it all depends on how you rotate the plug into one of the fisher connectors. Even the Fisher installer at the dealer said he was confused the first time he looked at the new harnesses.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I just look at ur truck again....it looks even better!:drinkup:

14. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

congrats man thats a nice combo psd w/ a fisher now don't forget the FF her up :nod:

15. gkm

gkm Senior Member

WOW! thats awsome looking plow & truck. Good luck with her!

16. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice plow and truck that should move some white stuff this winter.

17. 06HD BOSS

if you dont mind me asking. cash & carry, what it set you back?

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Why dont you just ask him out?:help::p

19. 06HD BOSS

my hands are full enough trying to handle your girl :cool:

20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I got ur girl under my controls!:waving: