1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my Wrangler with the MT

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tjthorson, Feb 17, 2007.

1. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Well, I was out plowing the little 2 inches we had last night and decided to snap some pics since the sun came out. Many people have asked me how the little Wrangler does with the "too big" 7'6" MT on the front. This is stock suspension, no lift, no spacers, showroom stock. This thing plows awesome, even when the snow is coming over the moldboard. I rearely use the downpressure - usually only for backdragging. Even with the poly scraper, it still is heavy enough. No slip, no sliding, even with the stock Goodyear GSA (Get Stuck Anywheres) tires. Today I just plowed in 2wd Hi just to save gas... :D

I was having problems with my wireless remote. I finally took it apart today and grabbed the voltmeter. The remote was fine, the problem was the battery case has a little tab in the corner from when it was molded - it was keeping one of the batteries from touching the contact - so depending on cold/heat the plastic would expand/soften enough and the remote would work or not work. A little xacto knife action - works perfect now...

I have 1000lb in the coil air springs and an on board compressor on the way to keep from hitting the bump stops while driving from driveway to driveway....

All the new pics are here on my website:
    http://www.toddsplace.com (look in "my vehicles") or a direct link to the jeep page:

http://www.geocities.com/tjthorsonhome@sbcglobal.net/05jeep.htm

[​IMG]

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice looking set-up. Just pray for more snow. :drinkup:

3. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I might if I made money doing it. Unfortunately I have the Catholic Charities plow. I do on average about 11 driveways and 1 parking lot. I get paid $40 total for all of that. The parking lot is small, its the lot of my business and the landlord never gets it plowed - so for my employees sanity I do it. I used to spend about 10 hours doing driveways with the snowblower - elderly neighbors, family, friends, etc. I bought the plow so I wouldnt get sinus infections all the time! ;) I figure someday it will come back to me!

4. mach460

mach460 Junior Member
    from n/e pa

Yes I have the same setup on my 95 wrangler plow's awsome
    for a 4 banger,like you said ya can't stick it, nice plow toy.............

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good looking rig, a driveway money maker.

6. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I have heard real good things about these:
    I ordered the front and rear and will be installing a 2" lift at the same time. Then I can pump up the front when I have the plow on, and pump up the rear with the kids/trailer/luggage! The only downside is you need to check them once a week to be sure they stay at 10lbs or more so they dont get torn up....

http://www.autoanything.com/suspension-systems/61A2966A0A0A1892067.aspx

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK so you meant 10lbs?
    Yes the on board airlift compressor and bag system work great. They also have a compressor with a 5lb constant gives you little softer ride empty.

8. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Well, I meant 1000lbs boost. :D They claim at max pressure (50 lbs) that adds 1000lb capacity to the front of the vehicle.

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Understand, higher then normal load rated tires help as well.