1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my walkbehind plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lawntec, Feb 5, 2010.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I absolutly love this thing, been going 3 months now. Bear in mind i ONLY do sidewalks for commercial properties, thats it. I don't do driveways or parking lots. I just do city sidewalks and building fronts. I push the snow into the parking lot.

DSCF0401.jpg

DSCF0402.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

2. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I have some properties that have large wide sidewalks, it has enough traction to literally (and i do this often) get 2 guys, each with a 36" shovel, to walk on both sides, with their shovel edge in front of the plow, turning the 46" plow into an 8' super plow. i can't stress enough how AMAZING THIS MACHINE IS!!!! Next step is to put x-trac tires on it (snowblower winter tires).

3. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I mounted a handle up top, you can see in pic 2, to angle the blade, squeeze the handle, kick the plow and change the angle. It is a John Deere plow for a garden tractor.

Also, there is very little weight on the plow. I installed a poly cutting edge on it. so when i am not riding the (5 min build time) sulkey, i can easily push down on the handles and lift the plow off the ground for transport.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  4. becpropertymain

becpropertymain Member

that thing is sweet

5. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Nothing runs better then a lesco. Nice machine you have there.

6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I'll be darned....

7. black7.3

black7.3 Junior Member

cool, I bet its even fun to run. Nice work

8. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

it gets alot of looks thats for sure. it takes the chore out of snow shovelling =)

9. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

Thats a cool looking contraption. How hard is it to put your mower deck back on in the summer time?

10. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

I am assuming it is hydraulic drive? I have a belt drive walk behind and it sucks in the snow or rain because the belts get wet and slip. Beats using a lawn tractor though with positraction

11. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping Senior Member

Hey that's a good idea. I added a 10cuft wheelbarrow to the front of one of my walkbehinds.

Does that blade give enough weight to the front to keep it from wheeleing

12. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

the deck goes back on with ease...if i wanted it to. I have no use for a walkbehind mower.

yes it is hydro drive.

The blade is light, if i am going up a ramp it can tip back but i just push it forwards. but i wanted it that way, so when i go between buildings i can tip it back and balance on the drive wheels only. it is quite simple. and it works so i wouldn't change a thing if i built a second one.

i have always thought about adding a wheel barrow to one, but i bought a dingo, so ill prob not get that far. :)

13. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Good idea. Worst case, throw a set of chains on the tires and be good to go.

14. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

what is real good is, i am contracted to shovel every single snow fall, so everytime i go out there is no snow pack, so traction is not an issue, tires are almost always on clean cement behind the plow.

15. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

That thing is awesome!!!

16. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

Just found my next sidewalk machine that is great thanks for the idea!

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I have a real heavy plow from an old Troy Built tractor i scrapped a long time ago and have been holding onto it to do just that! Waiting til i get a hydro WB to fab up the mounts for it as a gear drive probably wouldn't work out too well!

That thing looks great!!

18. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Sweet, that would be nice for that!

19. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

I use something similar, a DR Brush Mower. I remove the mowing deck with just one pin and pin on the blade.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Blade attachment:
    [​IMG]

They have a blower attachment but its hard enough to steer so I haven't tried it.