1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of my truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kc2006, Dec 5, 2007.

1. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Well seeing all these nice trucks made me want to post a pic of mine. No it's not the nicest but it get the job done. It's a 96 f250, with a powerstroke, meyer ez mount classic with E60 pump. The blade is an old steel blade but I'm headed to pick up a poly in a few days. I pieced the whole plow set up together, kind of a pain but I save a ton of money. I think I have right around 450 in major parts and maybe 100 in little stuff. I still want to repaint the light hoop but didn't get time, i was really rushing trying to finish up before the snow hit. Next venture is new wheel joints, wheel bearings and tires, the bfgs on it now aren't getting it in the snow.

2. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Heres another, shes a dirty girl, had alittle mud on it still from dumping leaves the other day.

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

very nice truck
  4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck I wish they still make the powerstroke as good as they used to back then
  5. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

thats a beauty. my cuzin has a green one with a 5.8 gas in we call it the green hornet dont know y thou. its gonna need tie rods soon i have a feeling. he bought it cheep thou like 2600 with plow brakes all the way around bunch of other junk i think were gonna pull the trailer with it this summer just run it till it craps i think its got like 160k on it its a 96
  6. TEX

TEX Senior Member

great truck.
  7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

if you really put that plow together for about $550 then you made out pretty well
  8. daveintoledo

daveintoledo Senior Member
    from nw ohio

dirty girl..

they can be much hotter then a clean one....

i like it, looks great....:)
  9. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Solid looking truck.....nice
  10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I like the truck!!! I had a 95 250 that was just like that one, except it was a gasser. Those are Ford's best looking trucks, IMO
  11. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice truck you got alot of lettering, looks good though
  12. TEX

TEX Senior Member

ill take a 96 F-350 4X4 7.3 any day. i love those trucks.
  13. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

I'm going to do away with the free estimates and the phone number on the bed. so its just number, name, the 3 services and the commercial & residential, i got the lettering cheap so i went crazy with it, but it is too much on the eyes.

As for the cost of the plow, I got the light tube & a frame mount for 175 from a junk yard, used the light tube and I plan on selling the frame mount, got a really nice almost new frame mount on ebay for 150, new touch pad controller got from the guy I'm subing for, he said he'd just take it from what he owes me (said 90 for it), new wiring for controller was 45 on ebay, light wiring and lights 75 new on ebay, a good friend of mine had an extra e60 and the steel moldboard, I've helped him out alot in the past and he had no need for the stuff so he gave it to me. Thats what 535. Then I had about 100 in small stuff, misc. wiring, bolts, pins, tubing for wires, fluid. So I probably really have about 630-650, but I plan on selling the frame mount for hopefully between 100-150. Still thing I did ok though.