1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mmwb, Dec 23, 2005.

1. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Probably an "old" truck by most standards here, but it runs well and does the job for me. The timbrens sure make a difference in the front end. You can see by the pics that the front bumper sets at a downward tilt. Things didn't quite match up. I'll have to "adjust" the mounting brackets next spring. Older conventional Western 8' pro with the cable pump. Gets the job done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Wow, that truck is really clean!! Wish mine was atill that nice....

3. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Hi, my friend has nearly identical setup, '90 or 91 heavy half ton 2500 reg cab long bed, 350, a/t, 8' Western Conventional cable pump just like yours and we just mounted pro wings on it the other day too, haven't got to use them yet. Well the truck doesn't sit high enough in the front to start with, then raising the blade doesn't help either, so when the plow is angled to the side, the downward corner scrapes the ground on bumps and will scrape the edge of a lawn if in a driveway. Its too wide to drive around straight. It holds the weight of the plow pretty decent but just sits too low to start with, any ideas what we can do to help this? Sorry not trying to hijack your thread but its a problem for him! He's pretty much settled with the fact to remove the wings between jobs as its just not going to work with them since at this point he's forced to drive with it straight so it doesn't scrape and tear up the moldboard, people's grass, etc. What a pain. I didn't think Timbrens would help it much since they only help it hold a load better, which it does fine. It just needs to sit higher to start with.

Thanks if you can help.
    Eric

4. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Sow-way Pro Wings???

Eric,

Can you get some pics for your Pro wings on your Sno-way??? I sure would like to see about adding a pair to my plow some day. Any advice on what I need to do?

Thanks.

5. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Johnny, the pics make it really shine. Most of the clear coat is gone.

BHB, Those models do seem to sit rather low, but if the A-frame is level when the blade is on the ground, than it apparently is high enough. I added timbrens to the front and they make a huge difference. Doesn't sag much with the blade raised and I think they save the ball joints and what not a lot of grief when your stacking. If he doesn't have a set, I'd highly recommend them. How high is his blade when it is raised? I had some problems with it raising with the wings, until I increased the pump pressure. When angled with the wings, the corners will tend to hit when a bump is hit, unless it is raised all the way up. Make sure that the pump is raising the thing up as far as it should go, or you will have problems with it angled.

6. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Moved them around and lost them. Lets try again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like your headlights and aux. back-up light are on, but nothing else is?

What about your running lights? They should be ON with your plow headlights.

8. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Your right, I forgot to turn them on. A harness didn't come with the plow, so I wired it. The headlights and backup lights are on on their own circuits. Relays running direct lines from the batteries. The swiches on the dash and hi/low complete the ground for the relays. The truck's running lights (which I didn't have on for the pics) kick a relay for the running lights on the plow. The turn signals I actually spliced directly in to the trucks harness.

The cool little back up light under the bumper looked nice and worked well, but after destroying a couple of them, I now have a flood on a bracket above the tail gate and set in a few inches to protect it from the odd snow bank I back into.