1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my truck - thanks to BKrois!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 75, Feb 9, 2001.

1. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks to BKrois' help, I can post some photos of my 1975 GMC I have been referring to: <a href="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=993086&a=11487594">yourphotos</a>

UNCLE BOB Member

How is your spare mounted? On roll bar or roof? and with what kind of mounting hardware?
  3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Nice old truck.
  4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Two replies here: First, slplow - thank you! I like my "old iron", it's actually the first vehicle I ever bought back in '86 when I had just finished school. (Not much of the original truck left now though!) Second, Uncle Bob, my spare is mounted to the roll bar (or "headache rack", depending on your preference) and I have a section of channel attached to the rack (on the 15 degree or so slope the tire is canted) with a short section of pipe to slip the rim centre hole over. I use one of the lug bolt holes to cinch it down, it fits over a threaded stud welded to the channel. I have a friend who does leather and upholstery work, he made the cover for me.
  5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You can see more trucks driven by members of Lawnsite.com here.

Geoff Diamond
    SLS Nurseries
    BRL (Coming soon)
    My GMC
    My brother's 95 Dodge Ram

If you want me to add pics of your truck, just send them to me.

6. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Truck pics

Thanks Chuck - nice rigs everyone and I am looking forward to seeing pics of more member's trucks in the future!

1975 GMC C-35