1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of my toys

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RAW Details, Oct 29, 2009.

1. RAW Details

RAW Details Senior Member

2. RAW Details

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Very nice toys

4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Good looking Pontiac.

5. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

you ran the SS down the strip yet?

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

looks good!

Nice photography!

7. RAW Details

The grand prix runs high 12's low 13's and the tbss runs mid 13's with only intake, exhaust, cust tune.

8. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

so that would put the Buick in the neighborhood of 10.90 ?

9. RAW Details

if i remember right i was a 10.75.... he was running lights out and they gave me a slip with his times on it. so being the nice guy i am i gave him the slip.

10. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

hehe, its been a while, but glad to know I can still read em that close from a picture :D

11. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

so im guessing you have a gtp? those gen5 m90's sound pretty crazy. what size pulley you running on it? ic? who's program, wbody, zzp, intense?

12. RAW Details

running a 3.3 and its a cust tune with HPtuners

13. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

NIce toys!

What strip is that??

14. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

So you are making around 350hp with a 3.4? Oh I forgot a fart can and an air cleaner is a 12 second ride. Nice pics though.

15. PTSolutions

nice, i used to be part of the wbody crowd, I had an 04 supercharged monty,

3.0 zzp modular pulley
    2" ic core, rest of it was custom parts
    ported and polished gen3 m90
    northstar 75mm tbody+85mm lq4 maf
    custom intake+ BIG K&N filter
    zzp underdrive pulleys
    pacesetter 1 3/4" headers into a custom exhaust

mpd fiberglass hood, other appearance stuff and a bunch of other motor stuff i cant remember.

16. PTSolutions

its actually a 3.8 liter supercharged motor

17. RAW Details

1.7 60ft
    109.50 mph
    12.8 1/4

heres my mod list smart guy

intake
    3.3pulley stock is 3.8
    pacesetter headers
    3inch catless exhaust
    42.5lb injectors
    1.9 ratio rockers
    cust tune
    160 tstat
    2steps colder plugs
    msd coils (yes i know they dont add horsepower)
    egr delete
    BFG drag radials hence the 60ft times.

so maybe next time u wont open ur mouth if u dont know what the hell ur talking about

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  18. PTSolutions

i had these too, u reminded me:
    egr delete
    al 104 plugs
    160 tstat
    42.5lb injectors

hey nichols, i had the previous generation of his motor, so mine was a lil less efficient, and my motor was making in the range of 350-365 horse and over 420lb ft. of torque. It was dyno tuned by Intense and it put down these numbers on an extremely beat and slipping transmission, cheap 4l60EHD trans cant hold much power past stock.

i have the dyno sheet to prove the numbers at the wheels, and with our cars the conservative figures are 20% drivetrain loss b/c of front wheel drive and the crappy trans.

19. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

I dont want to start a pizzing match, but after years of TRUE racing/building cars, having been on a chasis dyno, watching buddies goto chasis dyno's and then come to the track....dont believe all those little numbers they give ya on the print out. Trying to chasis tune with an automatic transmission is futile UNLESS you have a toggle switch that allows you to lock the convertor 100%, othwewise all that happens is the convertor slippage give back is tainted results at best.

The dyno's are a good tuning tool vs going to the track and making multiple passes to get everything dialed in, but as everybody that really builds race cars knows, the timeslip is the ONLY TRUE "dyno numbers" you need. I've watch 3 of my turbo friends go to chicago to some schmuck that sells a big game and all 3 have laid down 750-950hp at the wheel....but when they come home, straight off the trailer and make a pass they're running 11's LMFAO!!!

When i had my old 388 pump gas motor i was laying down the "computer factored" 750tq at the tire and 675hp...the whole shop ws going nuts since my combo was so docile, but the fellas i had with me kept trying to tell them the dyno is wrong, there is'nt anyways my car was putting out that much since it was only running 10.90-11.00's at that time...but the fools were hell bent on believing it so we made two pulls and i left since my car was tuned alredy and i just wanted to see what all the other racers were telling me about them being a joke...they were right. Great tuning tool-but your foolish if you try to brag on the numbers they give you since the guys that do know will snicker at ya when you dont run nearly as fast on the track as the computer says you should LMFAO!!!
    [​IMG]

If you have a manual trans, then the numbers will be alot closer since your 100% locked up in gear, no slippage at all like running through a convertor. We've been engine edynoing for years, and this is the only REAL way to know what your putting out in the engine, but again, we've been strapped onto 4 different pumps over the years, and just like chasisi dyno's, some are very opptomistic andsome are very conservative. This latest shop we're using, we dynoed last spring and once we got on track ran almsot exactly what things calculated out too....whereas other dyno's have been off so much we've been .5 slower and the one .15 faster...so if you use them as a tool, and refrain from bragging on numbers until you have an actual time slip, your much better off. It will probably impress the guys that dont have any clue about cars, racing, what it takes to make true hp, but when you spit that stuff around guys that actually race and not just test and tune...well...ya make your self sound very very newbish LOL;)

either way, those GTP's run for no more than they are:drinkup:

20. RAW Details

u confused the crap outta me with that post, im not completly sure if ur trying to rip on me or not.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009