1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my Snoway MT on my lifted Jeep TJ with a winch!

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by tjthorson, Dec 30, 2007.

1. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

As we had discussed a while back - I have just be unable to have the time, the plow hooked up, and a charged camera all at the same time. So - today, the planets all lined up - and I took some pics of my lifted Jeep with my MT installed, including a "height" picture for Basher, per our discussion before about "usable" heights of the plow mount....

This setup plows great, I have added no ballast to the back, just airbags in the coils in the front. I did not extend the bump stops with the lift - so, the suspension does compress about 2 inches - and then the airbags hold it fine. I am only doing driveways, and because my street is fairly busy, its usually plowed pretty clean - so i plow in 2WD so I dont bind anything doing 3 point turns on the street....

I also included pics showing how even the 8000lb winch doesnt get in the way....

Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Your 13" pin measurement is supposed to be 9.5-10.5"

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

lol it looks like the plow lights are 10 years away from the plow. Looks good though!

Cheers
    Jeff

4. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

So.... is there anything I should or could do? It seems to work and plow fine. What are the ramifications of using the plow at this height?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

does the plow have a smiley face? :) Is the wearedge worn more at the ends then in the middle? Kind of like a smiley face.

6. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

Yes, the corners are a bit more worn then the center, maybe 1/4" at this point.

i would estimate about 100 driveway plowings total since I installed it on the jeep (and put on the poly edge).

Other then unevenly wearing out the scraper - anything else? Or is it kinda a "it isnt right - but not worth addressing as long as it plows OK, and you will more frequently buy scrapers."

7. larry newman

larry newman Member

You had better watch that tranny plowing in hi range...use 4wd lo...it's what it's there for.

8. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

? So.... I am pretty easy on the skinny pedal, Dana 35 and all....

But - I actually do most plowing in 2 hi because the streets are uaully plowed pretty good and I dont want to be doing my 3 point turns and binding anything up when going from back dragging to pushing.....

I also should add I am pretty religious about my fluid changes - and do have an external tranny cooler.

But thanks for the heads up!