1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my rig

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dockboy, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Just posted pics of my truck in my sig.and wanted to make sure it worked.

Tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Greg

2. Smither

Smither Member

Nice truck!!!!

3. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Thanks Smither

Greg

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

not too shabby dockboy. nice V plow.

5. dmk395

dmk395 Junior Member

thats one helluva truck

6. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

That's what they look like

Greg,

Now I know what a "stroke" looks like. They always get so SMALL in my Ram's mirror I can't see them.....LOL

Just BUSTIN YA!!!!

NICE TRUCK...and V

Dave

7. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Nice truck Dockboy.
    I don't care what Dino says about a Bow tie!!

8. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Thanks guys,

Dave, I'll give you a call next time I'm in MA. so you can see what a "stroke's" tail lights look like!!! LOL :D:D

Greg

9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Gregg,nice looking truck.Hows the turning radius?Looks like a nice truck for big lots,nightmare for driveways.How do you like the Western V?

10. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Thanks John,

Yeah, with a 158" wheelbase, the turning radius sucks. It gets a little tricky in close quarters. I plow the marina where I live and it has a couple sharp corners. On these corners, my rear wheels are outside the plow path by about a foot. I bought the truck to do hauling and towing for my masonry business, plowing was an after thought.

I LOVE my V. Especially for jobs like the marina, lots of various size roads (8-30' wide) with "T" and "+" intersections. It would take alot more time to do a clean job with a staight blade. I really like the trip edge design also.

Greg

11. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Classy Setup

12. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

13. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

14. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Thanks Plowjockey

Nice trucks guy's :)

Ok, we've got 3 SuperDuties from the Phila. area (I'm about 50 mins from there), but what about the rest of the country?

I was out in Utah a couple weeks ago (Salt Lake area) and saw tons of SD's

Anybody else got pics of their rigs?

Greg

15. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

Hey Mike,

How do you like plowing with that cap on. I have the double doors (had to remove tail gate) on mine. I remove the doors & use a 2x10 for a tail gate. It helps visability alot and also makes loading blowers, spreaders & salt alot easier.

Mark

16. Mike Hughes

Mike Hughes Member

Mark,

It's not a problem for me yet.........but, I have not ventured into salt spreaders and snow blowers......yet. I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Mike

17. HandyHaver

HandyHaver Senior Member

At least you got windows. I'm doing all res & it's a PIA trying to see. Also have to take off my ladders, low tree branches, and they would also hit a garage before my rear bumper. I hate those "iffy" storms where I go through the motions to get ready and then nothing. Maybe next year switching to all commercial, although so far the res. have been very lucrative

Mark

18. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver Senior Member

Looking at purchasing a 99 F250 Superduty extended cab. Does any know if there were many design changes from the 99 to the 2001. I was told I would have to put blocks in the front to handle the weight of the plow and to make sure it had the large trans cooler. Also I was told that ford does not recomend putting a plow on these trucks with the extended cabs. Any thoughts? Does any one know if the western plow undercarriage for the 1997 F250 will fit the 1999 F250 superduty frame? Questions Questions Questions!!
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

19. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Never ever use blocks to raise the front end. Purchase the proper springs to handle the weight.
    You will need a new subframe for the truck, but the wiring and controller will be the same.
    I think they hav made a torque converter change to that truck if it has the auot tranny. The easiest thing to is to look for TSB for that year truck.
    Dino

20. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Eager Beaver,

No design changes except things like cup holders.

First, is the truck you are looking at a gasser or Powerstroke?

The plow package was available on that truck if it is a gasser. Look at the door sticker and see what the front GVAW is. If it is 5200 or higher your alright. If not, you will need to get the "X" code front springs for it. You can order them from your local ford dealer for around $130 ea. Like Dino said, don't use blocks.

If it's a gasser, a bigger alt. and trans cooler might be needed. The Powerstroke comes with these upgrades standard.

The 97 mount will not work on the 99. The frame is completely different. The wirring harness will work though.

As has been discussed in this thread, if it's a Supercab with an 8' bed, it's a little tricky in tight situations because of the length. But overall I have no probs at all.

Greg