1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my new liquid de-ice rig

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jason2, Nov 5, 2002.

1. jason2

jason2 PlowSite.com Veteran

Just got my new liquid de-ice rig installed today. I'll be putting down magnesium chloride. Can't wait to get to play with it.

Here's some pics.

sprayrig1.jpg

2. jason2

Pic number 2.

sprayrig2.jpg

3. jason2

And finally pic #3.

sprayrig3.jpg

4. Taconic

Taconic PlowSite.com Veteran

Good luck with your new system.The pictures are a little dark its probably my screen.You are making a smart choice by starting with magchloride.Is there a return on this system if so i just couldnt see it.A return line is usually needed to avoid water hammer and if you have one your in good shape.
    John Parker

5. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

Looks good... Similar to mine. Did you build it or buy it? Is the spray bar controlled by a electric valve? Are you putting liquid down with fan nozzles or straight stream?

6. jason2

John, are you asking if it has a return line from the spray bar back to the tank? If so, no it does not have one.

Ceaman. A local commercial spraying company builds these units. Quite a few local guys use them with good results. It has straight stream nozzles.

Best part is I didn't have to pay for it. I don't have my own plow/de-ice routes. I sub for a larger company. And that company purchased it for me. I will be buying it however. The company I sub for will withhold some of the money I make with that rig unti it's paid for.

I've never put down liquid, but the outfit I sub for has been for a long time, with good results.

Excited to have another truck besides my plow truck out this year, make some more money. :)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2002
  7. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I believe that John is refering to a return line from the pressure side of the pump back to the tank this acts as a agitation line, pressure adjustment & reduces water hammer.

8. jason2

Jeremy,

Thanks for the clarification. Yes it does have a return line.

9. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

That's a good lookin' ole' Ford! Late 70s, isn't it?

10. jason2

Pelican,

Thanks, yes it is. It's a '78 F250 Supercab 4x4. It's running a mildly built 460 backed with a C6/205, and has dana 60's front and rear. It's my summer lawn truck. This winter I hated to let it sit and not make me any money, so I set it up for deice. My other truck is set up with a plow and I also sand with the other one.

By the way that new F550 of yours is gorgeous. Was drooling all over the keyboard when I saw the pics of that. :)

11. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Thanks, Jason.

You must spend a lot of time hosing your truck down after storms, it's in real good shape. I appreciate how tough it is to keep vintage work trucks looking good!

12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice tree house. :D

13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Wow, your way out there! Whats that spay set up gonna end up running you?