1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my new Baby...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TL697, Feb 28, 2008.

1. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

I traded my 257B, and had this delivered this morning...

The dealer will be installing an enclosed cab and heat next week while I'm out of town...

I've only used it for a couple hours today around my jobsite, and I am extremely pleased w/ my purchase. By far the best skid steer I have ever operated, period. I've demo-ed everything under the sun, and this machine is it... 80HP, 2-Speed, High-flow, Hydraulic Quicktach, Pilot controls (not elec. over hyd.), 20" wide tracks, but only 69" machine width, Actual guages, not just "idiot lights", 3100lb capacity, 15" ground clearance, great visibilty... I could on an on...

Here's the link from ASV's website:

http://www.asvi.com/sr80_main.cfm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Sweeeeeeeet!

3. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Very nice! my exmark dealer sells those machines i always admire them when i'm there my salesman and service tech always know where to find me when i'm waiting for a part or meeting with my sales rep.....they always make fun of me for checking it out all the time. wish i could afford a machine like that! have fun and make some $$ with that

4. soccerlawn

soccerlawn Member

nice machine that should make you some money

5. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

Are really going to use it, or keep it there on the drive clean?? Lets see some pics of it in action, or a bit dirty or something...... Very nice play toy!!

6. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

HAHA...

Those are the pics when it was delivered... I used it for about an hour or so, today, and the tracks are not clean anymore, and there's mud on the floor of the cab...

I take care of my equipment, but I use it for what it was intended...

Trust me, it will get plenty of use...

I may try to take some action pics, but I'm usually by myself...

7. blm86

blm86 Member

nice ASV, i would love to be able to afford something like that someday.

8. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Very nice!!! going to put a blade or pusher on it?

9. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Would like to put a blade on it... I want a combo dozer/snow blade. I think there are a few out there that are rigid for dozing, and then you can unlock them for tripping action in the snow. I have a 1 mile gravel drive that needs constant maintenance, so I would like to be able to grade w/ the blade as well...

10. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

It's not snow removal, but here's some action pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

AWSOME MACHINE. That is one sweet tracked skid loader. Those asv's are really nice machines. And that looks like some serious weight you lifting there. Congradulations!!! and good luck.

Collin

12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

hope u lockd the boom. just for safty purposes ill say that nice skid. the company i work for some of the time just got one and they used it in this swamp hole of a job they were in stalling this thing makes it look like a skit was never even there.

13. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

NICE MACHINE GOOD LUCK WITH IT AND CANT WAIT TO SEE NICE PUSHER ON THE FRONT wesport

14. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

I wish that was an option... I'm usually on the jobsite by myself... Most of the time, I make sure the load is partially resting on another object, and then I get in and out rather quickly...

I'm all about safety, but you gotta do what you gotta do...

15. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Yeah, this machine lifts whole cubes of 10" concrete block w/ great stabilty... As you can see in the photos, the boom is about at full reach on the radial lift path, and the machine has no problem w/ the load. I'm really impressed... Saves alot of time and manually labor. Like I stated above, this is by far the best skid steer I have ever operated...

16. PLOWIN DOUGH

PLOWIN DOUGH Member

Nice, what do you do for work during the snowless months? Is that gonna be your home or a customers? Looks beutiful.

17. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

I'm a builder, but also do excavation, additions, remodels, concrete, and snow removal... I'm a small outfit, no employees, rarely hire subs, etc... My father was a builder for 25 yrs, and I've been in construction since about age 7...

Actually, it is gonna be part of our home... We own 36 acres of mountain property, and that is going to be an 1125 SF garage/shop with an 1125 SF, 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment above.

We are also building a 4100 SF mountain chalet at the top of our property, up about another mile up the drive and another 600ft in elevation...

18. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Wow a 4100 sf chalet, How big is the house you are in now?! I guess that is a big plus of building your own home. A friend of mine a general contractor and took a dinky ranch a made it into the biggest and nicest house on his street.
    Great looking new skid. Gorgeous plot of land too!!

19. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

4100SF counting the finished basement... 2400SF plus the 1700SF basement...

Right now, we are staying in our neighbor's cabin... approx. 400SF...

And you are correct, building your own home saves a bunch... I was going to trim the square footage down by 300-500, and I could make the house smaller, but why save $10,000-$15000 in materials, and sacrifice $40,000-$60,000 in equity? When all is finished, I will have a mortgage that is less than half the appraised value...

20. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Smart thinking. How big is the property? Nice machine.