1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of my motor i am building these days

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sweetk30, Oct 12, 2008.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

base parts 350 tbi chevy reman long block .040 over bore, but good runner miles ?

swaped out flat tappet cam/silent style tchain/ stamped rockers/stock valve springs/stock restrictive tbi intake.

i got a stock 94-97 lt1 z28 roller cam/roller lifters/link bars /spider assy. then some replacement z28/lt1 valve springs. not old school style z28 springs as to stiff. then gmpp single roller timing set for roller cam setup. roller tip comp cams 1.52 ratio rockers. a edelbrock 3706 87-95 performer intake with adaptor back to tbi pattern. shorty headers installed from edelbrock 2.5"dump and flowmaster ypipe unit 2.5"inlets and 3" outlet for building custom unit and will feed out threw flowmaster 50 delta flow 3" in/out.

then installed all new gaskets on motor with valve seals when springs were swaped.and found a good super clean motor when all parts removed and installed . so we should be ready to go when we get her in the truck and exaust built for it. even got custom flanges made to bolt complete exaust up with only welding the pipes to the flanges and then bolt all together with gaskets.

same time of exaust build will switch to 3 wire heated o2 unit. this will run faster to the computer and warm up faster for better running.

all this is copyed from a build i ready online with full chassie dyno run that showed about 100 hp gain and run much smother .

o.k. pics now more later.

new motor tbi350 002.jpg

new motor tbi350 005.jpg

new motor tbi350 009.jpg

350 tbi motor build 003.jpg

350 tbi motor build 001.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Look nice chevy 350 Where will this go in? K30?

what lifter you plan use? Roller? Did you know new oil do not have zinc so it will wipe cam with Flat Tappet so I use diesel oil for my 79 F150 it run great plus good oil pressure.

where that exhaust manifold you get from? Will it able fit 94 Yukon with Chevy 350 my neighbor have crack manifold that make noise like tick.
  3. sweetk30

#1 - yep for my 78 k30 flatbed truck.

#2 - using all roller parts from lt1/z28 stuff like listed.

#3 - found them brand new off ebay shipped for 121.00 new thay go for 350-375 before shipping. only problem with them was missing install kit. so when i had the custom flanges cut i had found big block chevy heat riser to manifold gaskets were the same patter so i got 2 and had them cut me 2 flanges. and it was cheeper than getting new install kit from edelbrock.

#3 - part 2 - yes these will fit 88-95 305 and 350 vehicles like his yukon. i only need to clearence my frame rails 1/4 inch or so the fit them in my truck. reasons are cheep and prem quality and dont realy make good shortys for my 73-87 style.
  4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

That great. I am sure it will last 200,000-300,000 or more miles.

I forgot but with my 91 Ford 351W it have flat tappet but convert to rollers so expense $500 for lifters from summit.

Are you sure that block will support roller lifter?
  6. sweetk30

small block chevys that are 1 peice rear main seal like tbi motors all come set up and machined for roller cam . but truck motors dont come with them for some reason. so all you need to do is swap it in.
  7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet set up, I ended up putting a 400 In my 89 with stock tbi injection. It worked nice.
  8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

SweetK30 I put the same headers on my 85 K10 at the start of the summer, gottem off ebay for half the cost new. I will say worth every penny!!!
  9. sweetk30

yep dyno sheet i saw with shorty headers/custom 2.5" ypipe/to 3" colletor and 3" muffler was 30 rear wheel hp gain. the bone stock tbi exaust system is vary bad. even worse than the older stuff.

bye the way how tight were thay to the frame rails? if trimming needed got pics possibly?
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Left the stock TBI heads on it I see...Vortecs a little too cost prohibitive for this low buck/good HP project combo sweet?
  11. sweetk30

nope super bare bones build. everything i got shipped was under 160 each item and most under 120 each. so if wasnt broken didnt swap it unless i got great deal and proven power.

plus tbi heads are good for trucks that need bottom end power. and thay fall off at 4500-up range. i dont spin mine that high mabye 1-2 times a month if lucky. i want my power down low were i need it.
  12. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Intrested in building me one?
  13. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

The headers fit perfect, I just removed the old manifolds and bolted on the headers and away I went. That easy!!!
  14. sweetk30

88-up in 73-87 style? or what. ?

i was told 88-ups in to 73-87 style need tiny trimming. will find out soon.
  15. sweetk30

easy finds and boltons or boltins. i give you all the links and info.

see my biggest bonus was i had a good tbi 350 motor in stock. so still drive truck till ready and work off motor stand rather than in frame. and when rolling on 35" tires and up 6" thats much better.
  16. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Any info you have would be awesome Ive been wanting to put together a good 350tbi as a back up to keep in the shop.
  17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I rebuilt a ford 302 engine. sorry if I hi jack the thread. but I always wanted to rebuild a 350 tho. I will get around to it some day.

18. sweetk30

19. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

Thanks Chum