1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my first plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lawn Enforcer, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

New plow truck that I bought last night. The guy has to swap out the bad engine for a different 351 (which has only 77,000 miles on it) I believe it's a 7.5ft Meyer plow, it has new tires, new brake lines, new rear brakes, rear lights, tonneau cover, and probably more that he forgot to tell me about. He also has a new solenoid for the plow, that's why it's being held up by the come-along. Overall, it's a good truck and it will be a lot better than loading a snowblower in the truck at every single driveway.

FORD 001.jpg

2. Lawn Enforcer

And here is the main issue with the truck. Big dent and rust around the rear wheels. I'm not worried about it at all since it is a plow truck.

FORD 002.jpg

3. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

Its already got its first dent thats great! It sucks when its new and you put a dent in it haha Good luck with it

4. Lawn Enforcer

Yeah, then I don't have to cry every time I scratch it or dent it-

5. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

nice. Now we just have to talk lawn freak into getting something like that as well

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

what did you pay for if you dont mind

7. Lawn Enforcer

I paid $2,200 for it, plus I have to plow the guy's driveway for free this winter (it's about a 25'x30') so I got quite a deal!

8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I'd say that deal is fair enough

9. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

nice truck
    would look cool with a flatbed sence the bed is pretty rough
    otherwise looks pretty clean

10. Lawn Enforcer

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. I'm gonna get through the winter and wait till summer to do anything. I might just straighten out the bed and call it good.

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

holy shyyyyyttttttttttttt $2200?!?!?!?!??!?!!!!

Put a nice aluminum flatbed on that!

12. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Nice truck for the price. :cool:

13. Deco

Deco Senior Member

you can say that again

82509 007.jpg

14. vmderrick

vmderrick Junior Member

deco are I think your located close to me.

15. Lawn Enforcer

This is a good purchase. Then I can use this truck to pull equipment and I can save my Dodge from all those dings and dents that come with the line of work.

16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a nice truck.I've got my eye on a mid 90's F-250 that would be an awesome work truck. Probably won't even consider it until next summer though. I'm certain the guy will still have it.

17. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

That is a great buy and its a fordwesport That wil be so much better to move stuff around here is one of mine. Thats a 7.5 poly like yours behind the F250 it goes on one of the little Bronco II's

100_2603 (Medium).JPG

100_2602 (Medium).JPG

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  18. Premier

Premier Senior Member

not a ford guy my self but looks like a good deal to me. I would put a dump bed on it, I bought a 92 chevy 1/2 ton 5 years ago and the bed finally got to ugly to look at so i replaced it. not done yet but if i can get of ps it should be done today.

IMGP0979.jpg

19. TSB Group

TSB Group Junior Member

$2200 and you have to plow him out? Hope you do his last, and he tips you! Good find! No need destroying a 2010!

20. Lawn Enforcer

Well he is swapping out the engine and putting new exhaust on it, and he's not charging me for labor. Plus he no longer has anything to do his driveway with since the truck is mine.