1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pic's of My Equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firefighter1406, Nov 7, 2010.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Alright, got the plow out and flushed and put everything on for a couple of pics in the first snow of the year. First year for this plow and spreader, looking forward to pushing some snow. I am a small outfit but I stay busy.

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Very Nice Set-Up......I hope you have a Great Winter...:drinkup:
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice set up. good luck this season!:waving:
  4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice set up. Good luck with it this Winter.
  5. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Looks like my small biz/resi truck! perfect setup. Single stage, so that you can lift it in and out. Walk behind applicator to do walks/small sections the truck can't get to. Tailgate salter so it is easy and cheap to track how much you use. Tool box..well that's obvious...and extended cab. I have an '01 chevy 1500 that I use with a 7.5' snowdogg and it does what that setup does.... man I miss that kind of set up.... I love it sooooo much. It should serve you well.

I now have a 2010 F250 w/upgraded susp./plow prep that has a dump insert/spreader on it. I kept my box and went with a short insert. Its gonna be the bees-knees this winter. I'm using one ton bags to load the insert. Since you have this truck look into my threads "how many ways to salt" or something like that. I have a nice solution so that you can save money and win more bids with a bulk bag setup rather than pallets of 50's or 80 pounders. It won me a lot this year! and it works great if you are doing a lot of medium-small commercial AND residential.

Love the setup man! Good luck.
  6. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Nice set up, we all start small. Good luck this season.
  7. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

How does that Ariens work? A friend bought one some years back for sidewalks and it always bogged down and couldnt throw as far as my Toro version. Wondered if they have improved any?
  8. firefighter1406

Thanks for all the comments everybody, cant wait to get to work. And I am still getting two amber leds to mount to the rear of the tool box, to compliment the strobes and rotater. I saw a guy on here that mounted some to the tool box and they look awesome. Also have airbags in the rear with compressor to handle the weight on the salt in the bed.

The Ariens is great, it does have electric start, but it stays in the back of my truck and it never takes more than 2 pulls to start it. It handles a six inch snow no problem, I did use it for 12 inches plus last year, you have to go slower but it still did the job great.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  9. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Going thru Indianna along 80/90 looks like DOT's had plowed... Did you get any action?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

not bad for a ford :)
  11. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Have you ever run sand through the pro-flow? How'd it work?
  12. firefighter1406

No I didn't, it snowed pretty good but nothing stuck. If you know where laporte, IN is they got like three inches so there trucks were out.

Sounds like jealousy to me :)
  13. firefighter1406

This is my first year with this spreader. Somebody told me you can use sand in the spreader but I have not tried it yet. Sorry.
  14. mccjm05

mccjm05 Junior Member

have you thought aboutputting strobe in the roof lights also? i have them in my 06 f350 thier from galls also
  15. firefighter1406

I am not real impressed with the strobes in the cab lights. I have seen videos of them and they don't seem very bright when you have the running lights on. I am ordering two whelen tir3 LEDs for the back of the tool box. I will take a look at the galls ones though, thanks for the suggestion.