1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics Of My Big Fleet Of 2

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by V10SCOTTY, Feb 14, 2005.

1. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Ok Here's A Couple Pices Of My Fleet Lol.ok Here's My Money Maker

THE STAR small one.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  2. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Ok Here's My Money Pit.It has nerf bars on now instead of those fibetglass things.Hey I got a deal on the fiberglass things it was worth a try.this thing looks alot better with the nerf bars on

THE DODGE small.jpg

3. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

OK GUYS WHAT WILL LOOK BETTER ON THE FRONT OF MY DODGE 2500 4X4 FOR NEXT PLOW SEASON A FISHER EZ-V OR A BLIZZARD 810. :drinkup:

4. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Oh I almost forgot about this little guy he's sleepin in storage right now.I get in a little trouble in the summer with it.It my 1999 Dakota R/T its got a 360

rt smalll.jpg

5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

That is a nice looking western star. how much can it weight up there in canada.

6. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

HEY SUPERDUTY I CAN CARRY 22.5 METRIC TONNE.IT'S A HEAVY TRUCK SO I DON'T CARRY AS MUCH AS SOME GUYS. :drinkup:

7. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Thats a sharp tri-axle, got any more pics of it?

8. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

I want to hear about the specs on the tri- axle. . . . . how long is the body too? looks like at least 18 feet? is that right? And also the lift axle looks closer to the back of the cab then it does the front tandem. . . . the axle weight laws are probabaly different up there then in new jersey. . .

9. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Ok JFM3 I noticed you got some nice tri's yourself I like the looks of a Granite alot. It has a 450hp Mercedes and and 18 speed eaton trans air ride cab It is loaded from the wood grain dash to the chrome steering column. it has a 20,000lb axle up front 20,000lb lift and 46,000lb rears.The box is actually 21 feet long the lift axle has to be 110 inches from the front axle but you need to have it the lift axle as close as possible to the front axle to get the weight off the front so up here most guys get as close to the 110 inches as possible.Its got a 60 inch spread between the bogies on a Tuff-Trac rear suspension.My dads new one is in, its almost identicle but he has 72 inch spread on the rear axles on an air ride suspension.Here's some more pics of my star

scan0003.jpg

10. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Here's another one Oh and JFM3 the lift axle has to be 110 inches from the back axle also but like I said we like to have it as close to the front as possible

scan0004.jpg

11. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

here's another pic.I work it sometimes in the winter hauling snow.But our season is usually from April 1 till mid December.So I need to plow next winter to keep busy.What nobody likes my dodges?lol Ok guys thanks for the compliments :drinkup:Is there a cool dump truck site like this plow site????

scan0005.jpg

12. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

v10scotty. . .that is a nice looking truck, looks well taking care of, which is some hard work. You said you have a 21 foot body, that is probabaly common, considering the weight laws up there, but down here in new jersey tri-axle body's are anywhere from normally 16 foot to 18 foot long, we have 17'6" on our mack tri axles and an 18' on our KW. Our trucks are built a little heavier then all the rest around new jersey. We have 18k fronts with 50k/52K rears on our macks, while the KW has 20K front with 18K springs and 50K chalmers rear. Alot of guys have 44k/46k rears, which is fine im sure, but my dad likes building trucks heavy.
    I'll see if i can't steal my sister's digital camera and get some of my own pictures on for you and everyone else

13. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

FISHER , FISHER, FISHER!!!!!

14. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

Ya I like to keep my stuff as clean as possible a clean truck is a happy truck.where's the tri axle dump truck pics and hey lets see some dodge's with fisher ez-v's on.Ya plow king I was leaning towards a Fisher since the dealer is close to my place I don't live anywhere near a Blizzard dealer

15. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Thats awsome. Its cool to see another dak fan :) Heres my lil toy. Red with yellow hood and yellow stripe in back :) Some people dont like it, but kids do because, well, they think Ronald McDonald is coming over when they see me coming.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  16. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

V10- That is one sharp Western Star, how do you like that mercedes engine?

JFM3- Would love to see some pics of your Macks, Those new Granites are nice trucks. Any problem with the floors getting real warm in the summer? Couple guys around here have them and say that is the case.

17. V10SCOTTY

V10SCOTTY Member
    from Ontario

So far I like the Mercedes Engine alot.Its a very clean burning engine Its very good on fuel and Maintence is very easy on it all the filters are cartridges on the engine out side of the frame rails and on the western star you can get at the back of the engine no problem and the hood opes like 90 dergrees very easy to work on. no more laying under the truck with an arm pit full of dirty oil.lol Its actually made in Brazil care of Detroit Deisel.Its got 6 cylinder heades and 6 injector pumps instead of one big cylinder head and one injector pump.Its a "smart" engine.One thing that is very cool is the exhaust brake it is very quiet so you can use it in town the laws up here don't like the use of the normal engine brakes.But the exhaut brake slows you down in a hurry.Its actually a combination of the exhaust brake and the fuel timing being changed another cool thing it does ,If I got a full load on and I just let out the clutch it will give itself fuel its part of the Mercedes anti-stall feature If you wanna check it out here's the web site www.Detroitdiesel.com Okwhere's some more dump truck pics

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  18. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

i'll see if i cant get some pictures up here soon, i gotta barrow my sisters digital camera..lol

Hey lakeeffect, the floor in our granite used to get really hot, my windex bottle was about to explode at times! We talked to the service manager at our Mack dealer and found out there is heat shroud that Mack makes to help the problem. So we took it up to the dealer and they put it on. It seems to help a little bit, but the floor is still abnormally hot. But the heat shroud is actually on a Mack safety notice,(kind of like a recall but they only fix it if u tell them about it) so they did it free of charge.

19. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

there are a few tri axle dumps with the spread pusher axle here in MI, but they pull a 7 axle pup around. how they can consider 7 alxes a pup i will never know. some of the weight laws are pretty similar between MI and Canada, but others are the opposite.
    any more pics of dump trucks? like i said before those are some good looking western stars.