1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Pics of my 97 explorer on 36"s

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VBigFord20, Oct 17, 2007.

1. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Thought some of you might like to see my off road truck.

1997 Explorer Sport, 4.0L auto with a manual T-case swapped in.
    D-44 Front from a Early Bronco with a wristed radius arm
    Stock 8.8 rear, both locked with 4:88 gears
    New 36x13.50-15 IROK tires on 15x10 wheels

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It used to be a real nice clean wheeler, but years of my friends abuse, and now mine has taken its toll on the ol girl. Its going to get taken apart over the next few months and brought back to her former glory, plus some big new plans to make it even better. I'll post photos as I work on it.

2. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Nice that is just how Ford should of made them. I had an old BII I used to wheel.

3. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks fun to drive

4. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats the first explorer ive seen like that

6. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Nico?

Wow, small world.

7. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I have one also, but I don't wheel it. I picked up a clean southern body with a shot tranny. I was going to build a wheeler but its to clean so I am going to "restore" it and make it a driver.

Axle is from a 60s bronco, the origional baby broncos. T-case is out of a explorer with a manual, its a BW1354

Yeah its me, I saw you post around here a few times and wondered if it was the same person from TRS, but never put 2+2 together.

8. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

And RRORC, and Pirate, and BII.org, etc, etc, etc.

Hopefully the poor thing gets wheeled/driven more than when Ryan had it...:rolleyes:

9. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

That won't be hard. Hell the last time he put gas in it was 11 months ago. Of coarse part of it is my fault, I should have picked it up 3 months ago but did not have the time.

I won't be driving it for some time though, going to work on making it into what it was back in the Taxx days, before Matt rolled it.