1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

pics of my 4 new Soundoff led work lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Maleko, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Sorry it won't let me upload them direct, Not sure why. if someone can do it thanks in advance.

Just got 2 1400 lumen floods and 2 1000 lumen floods, Oh my they are stupid bright.
    I am very impressed with them.
    I can now see behind my sander...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60659791@N02/6428111845/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60659791@N02/6428112987/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60659791@N02/6428114853/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60659791@N02/6428113915/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60659791@N02/6428116015/

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Look cool, what did they cost?

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

$422.00 Got them from Strobesnmore on Black Friday.
    Ordered them Friday they were here today.
    Thinking about getting some more.. Yes, Im a light junkie.....

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Man do they look bright ! but the price holy sh$$ !! let us know how they work out this year for you

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Man those are bright! I'm sure twice as bright with snow on the ground. Whats the total lumen they put out?

6. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Ya but regular halogens just suk to me. Draw a lot of power and don't give off enough light for me.
    After seeing these in person , i will never go back.

7. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

The upper ones are the 1400 lumens, the lower ones are the 1000 lumens
    For a total of 4800 lumens.
    The picture of the area lit up does not do them justice. They are probably the brightest lights I've seen at least
    You can see the 55 watt hella's under my bumper in the pics. they look like candles compared to the led's.The hella's will be coming off and ill be mounting led grommet into the rear bumper.

8. Brian Young

Thats insane! No one is going to be tailgating you,lol

9. Brian Young

My biggest worry would be that they become ineffective when covered with snow, I don't think they get hot enough to melt it off or am I wrong?

10. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

don't know yet, i can feel a little heat, well, warm. they do have an aluminum housing with cooling fins so i will assume they get warm.

11. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Looks great. I just bought a set of rigid industries duallys. Should be nice lights

12. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

looks awesome. but thats alot of money for lights!

13. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Yes and no. I agree 400 bucks is a lot but, I've spent more than that trying cheap inexpensive ones time and time again and have not been happy.

so over the years i just buy once and cry once.

Im a stickler when it comes to me being impressed. I research everything to death for days.
    I have been wanting to buy these for awhile, but couldn't find a good video of how they lit up an area, i finally did and ordered them.

Everyone who has seen them can't believe how friggin brite they are, Again the photo does them little justice.

14. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

Ordered a set for my backrack today. I cant wait to put them on.

15. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have them on the back of my truck and they never became ineffective on the back . 2 on the sander that turn on in reverse. 1 for the ground to see salt spray and 2 on back rack controlled from inside when I am out working and need light. They have 5 year warranty and they are great. You will be very happy.Thumbs Up

16. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Awesome.. Have any pics of your setup?

I was thinking about another set for my back rack too..

17. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

18. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

They put out just enough heat to keep any snow melted off of them. I have 2 mounted underneath my rear bumper and have not had any issues with snow sticking to them.

19. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Thank you. I keep hearing this fallacy about LED's becoming ineffective because of not enough heat but haven't seen any problems yet. Glad others are having the same experience.

I have LED worklights and flashers on several of my vehicles and never had a problem. Even taillights and marker lights.

20. justgeorge

justgeorge Senior Member

When doing 4 lights like that is there any reason not to mix floods and spots? Or do you get enough "distance" lighting from the flood that you don't need spots?